Blue Moon Filtration

Years back when I was working for BHOGART we carried these for a minute but i wasnt able to try them out to see how effective they were.

Has anyone fucked around with these? Looking for some more information on these to better understand them before we pull the trigger and buy a few cases of these filters.

yall are legends!

Bluemoon FST93 specs.pdf (323.7 KB)

3 Likes

This is really cool, I am interested too. Friends of mine recently got a batch of bad gas.

What happened here though???
Dimethyisuifid 13 → 81

2 Likes

typo?

On their part maybe, that’s a copy paste from the form. I strongly assume it’s dimethylsulfide

seems like a good idea of making sure that this gas I get is as pure as it can be, I hope to have good results. I’m assuming I’ll have to use nitrogen to push thru that kind of filtration but again i’m not sure i’m guessing that its gonna require at least 50-75psi back pressure. My buddy who slang’s Butane tells me that he just recently started building and designing something like this Filter.

Is that sulfur smell an Issue for anyone else?

It looks like it filters and removes a lot of unwanted junk, but if the Dimethylsulfide is greater post ‘filtration’… is it actually filtering or converting those compounds? would be cool to see something able to capture all them nasties tho.

Why did they stop selling them? I remeber when they came out they could just never give enough info or data so i never got one and just did it thw way i always did.

I don’t have an answer to why they never sold, That’s why I made this topic to see if anyone had experience with these. I hear you tho back when we first got them, as an employee we were never given a lot of information. I have a solid source to find these now, just looking to see if they would be good for our customers

How much are they? The page says something about a sample, can you provide samples for us for research? @Gettinglearnt

I’m waiting for mine to come in. My buddy that works at Refined Hydrocarbons was telling me that the company primarily sells to more Industrial consumers. I sent an Email asking for more information on the Specs & Price on Jun 17th and still have not received a response, So the only real information i have right now is what listed on the website.

If and when I get more information Ill post it here and try to see about shooting a couple to the community for R&D purposes
Cheers

2 Likes

Refined hydrocarbon is still a business or the hydrocarbon company? Are you out here by me and talking to the guy who use to work at bhogart and drives the white suv

James is the Man!

I used to work at bhogart when he was up in eureka at the store up there learned a lot from that dude