Blasting onto non-stick surfaces

No worries, sometime I dont know what words to search either lol

1 Like

Aye, if I don’t decarb, I don’t use the fridge unless it’s a really terpy greasy strain, even then, it’s only a couple minutes, enough to harden it up enough to collect it without the greasy stuff sticking too much.

My open blast rig isn’t frozen, so sometimes I’ll get some waxy greasy terpy stuff with certain strains. Hippy slayer does it every time, easy to collect that stuff when it’s cold

1 Like

Can confirm that the thicker ptfe sheets are great for this type of use. I like to use the black binder clips/spring clips on the corners, and it makes a nice pan liner able to stand alone. Unfolding one corner makes a handy spout for pouring, too.

Haven’t tried the thinner stuff from Oil Slick, but plan to at some point. Looks to be handy. The thick sheets I have are a little impractical for a lot of uses because they are so thick. I like having a variety of tools for pretty much every job anyhow.

4 Likes

Whats that haha

2 Likes

My dude use to grow it all the time, he knows bodhi

“ The Hippy Slayer is a cross between the Dirty Hippy and the Road Kill Skunk or commonly known as R.K.S. It has lineage drawing back from Afghanistan, Thailand, and Colombia. This hybrid strain is a creation of Bodhi Seeds and displays purple leaves with green buds and beautifully decorated with fiery orange hairs. The trichomes are dotted all over her that makes a high contrast to her leaves. ”

Hands down, some of the most foul rotten smelling stuff I’ve ever smelt. It’s like rotten death, so foul it almost smells like you shouldn’t smoke it, but that just makes you want to smoke it even more

3 Likes

The oil slick sheets were the first ones i tried, but god damn they’re thin, soooo fucking thin. I would rip the sheet folding and snapping 75% of the time. god forbid you use it with decarbed material, what a nightmare that was, sticky oil, ripping sheet with every pull, luckily it was winter so i worked on in it my 5’f garage after it froze for hours

1 Like

Good to know. May just pass on the Oil Slick sheets in that case and stick to my thick teflon and parchment.

Wierd, I have used miles of the oil slick ptfe sheets and never had one crack or go brittle.

nope. near as I can tell that one hasn’t come up.

Blast onto one of those.

3 Likes

Why when I can blast directly onto PTFE and transfer that completely unagitated straight into the vac chamber? For me, that’s convenient as fuck! Otherwise I have no shortage of dishes worthy of a blast.

5 Likes

Blast into 2 L pyrex measuring cup, the goal is to pour syrup onto ptfe paper, blasting liquid on the paper is asking for problems

5 Likes

What sort of issues would I expect if I tried?

1 Like

Juggling liquid butane in a parchment tray is never fun

3 Likes

Blast into Pyrex. Pour onto parchment. What’s left make crumble/sugar out of.

2 Likes

Line the vac chamber pot with it. Open purge then vac purge. I don’t want to disturb it in any way so I can get a consistent result throughout.

2 Likes

BigM hit the nail on the head. I use a 8x8 or 9x13 Pyrex dish, line the thick .2mm ptfe sheet, it folds and bends fairly easy. Then i secure it in place with black binder clips. You can easily unclip one corner and pour off if you want to diamond mine, or let most of the tane evaporate then toss it in the over once it thickens up. After you dump tane on it and let the liquid tane evaporate, the ptfe will hold its form pretty well, especially if you use the thicker ptfe sheets.

I’ve also lined the bottom of my vacuum chamber, I was worried about the sheet folding over, so I used powerful magnets, one inside the chamber, one on the outside to hold the sheet in place.

4 Likes

I’m gonna sound like a dumbass here but I used to closed column blast onto the Pyrex pie dish. Then I would let it bubble up and I’d scrape with a couple of razors on to parchment. Never thought about pouting it off of it until I was watching a closed loop video (the duh moment) Then I heated the dish with a pot of water under it but the dish was at an angle so I could easily pour it off the plate.

Edit:I always wondered why I came out with crumble with a certain strain, then my girls brother told me it was cause of agitation so I decided to mimic a cls pour up with the pie dish.

I did way more scraping then pouring during my open blast and closed column days.

2 Likes

I initiated the pour this time at the right time it seems. it went from pyrex to chamber, vacced etc… Came out the consistency I was looking for. It shattered up nicely and no crumble. This was a crude that shattered up so no need to winterize either.

Edit: I mean I didnt winterize it - it’s crude and it shattered up so i dont think the earlier issue was due to fats.

2 Likes