BizzyBee or ETS?

Wondering thoughts on who is better BizzyBee or ETS. Comparing the MEP70 with all the bells and whistles like dual CRC, dual diamond miners, and use one diamond miners as a decarb reactor to have sauce and cart ready material for pens. Then I thought of BizzyBee and have only ever tried one and loved it but have always ran active recovery. Both systems can hold around 40lbs of dried material and on my current PX40 which is comparable to the ETS MEP70 can do 40lbs in around 2.5 hours and BizzyBee told me 45 min per 10lbs input so around the same time as well. My heart says BizzyBee to be modular and hopefully faster, but my head says that active is what I am most used to and know. Any thoughts or suggestions is appreciated!

1 Like

You should throw Illuminated Extractors in that discussion. I’ve only run an ETS and not a Bizzy so my opinion would be bias. I liked the ETS, very user friendly and easy to train operators on. Some of the stock options wear out quickly like the quick connects, but when they’re working they’re great.

8 Likes

ETS is easier to train a dummy to run.

BIzzy Bee is a modular hash snobs dream machine.

Both are quite pricy.

Bizzy will cost more than an ETS to setup and run passive, but is easier to achieve real high quality products with due to the temps required to run it passive. Invest in the proper chilling setup initially, rather than co2 for jackets, and you’ll be fine.

10 Likes

This is my problem haha my heart says Bizzy and can be modular but ETS is just so easy and I eventually will not be running it myself

I have seen some of their work its very interesting how fast it is but seems less tried and true have you used one? Interested in learning more but all I have heard about is there wild big one. Also have heard NBoler great things but again seems like ETS is the easiest clear winner for out of the box non-custom easy set ups IMO. To me seems like ETS for a easy win and still will be great or Bizzy to be harder at first but the ceiling of greatness is much higher!

1 Like

DM me your email address. I agree with your pros for ETS. But there are features on the IE that ETS will not have for a while that are really game changers.

2 Likes

I’d take whichever one had the better engineered chilling situation to match the system. It’s like a honda accord versus a BMW. Both of them will get you down the road just fine. One is a lot sexier.

I run a MEP30 with corken and robust chilling and it’s been well tuned over the last couple years. It’s a great workhorse…Realistic throughput is 80-100lbs FF/9 hour shift for 1 person. We frequently fill 11 ovens with it and have to throttle extraction until ovens clear. So, if you don’t have the post processing capacity to handle the higher output, the 70 is probably over investing in capital.

The ETS systems are modular also, and scalable. I’ve been overall happy with the ETS support team, the durability and function of our system over the past couple years, and I’d have no problems advising you that it’ll get your job done.

The Bizzy is really sexy. I’ve not ran one, but been given an overview and met the Bizzy Bee crew. They are smart, passionate, and also surely excellent.

1 Like

Illuminated extractors are cool but spensive.

Maybe not so bad when you figure no chiller.

1 Like

Now is the time to get the flavor of what support and service will look like. Be an engaged customer. Share the info you’ve played here with them and listen for their pitch. Be annoying. Ask a million questions. This is a taste of what the after sales support will look like.

Consider your local power expenses and factor that into your calculations about recovery. Cold is expensive.

Do consider other options like Illuminated and Xtractor Depot’s custom designed systems. Put them in the mix. You’re buying a tool, not a watch or a car. It’s good that you’re trying to keep emotions out of it. It’s about ROI. How long will it take to pay for this gear? Pencil that out.

7 Likes

Has anyone seen the new precision 5 lb unit?

I would take it over the big ets or the bzb.

It’s passive with big feed lines and a beefy crc

Bzb is for the black belt user especially with co2 cooling and the stainless is expensive. Customer service is pretty good and they have a couple really good guys over there to help you.

Ets has wack volumetrics. The collection is never big enough. The company however is top notch with great customer service and great employees.

Precision has had some rough spots with both equipment and customer service at different times but I feel like they are back on track with equipment with this solid offering and I can’t speak to recent acquisitions and their affect on customer service and support as they lost some key folks. Stock is on the shitter too, 12 months to a penny stock

1 Like

You can run either system passive, you’ll (probably) need an additional chiller for the phase change on an ETS or the like.
We started off with a Bizzy and it ran well but I wouldn’t do business with Boris again. Mostly due to a lack of trust/professionalism you’d expect with their price tags.

4 Likes

Whats your budget?

If you want a machine that can run itself (automated) and has amazing after sales support I would highly recommend calling Luna Technologies and getting in touch with one of their sales guys and seeing how much money you could save on labor and headaches of finding qualified close loop operators.

2 Likes

I have the PX40 now at one of my buildouts and the customer support has been absolutely terrible, pump didnt work correctly, missing parts, team didnt teach the staff at all, only sight glasses at spots I dont really care. Definitely want to look into ETS MEP70 as a better version of my PX40 or BZB just because honeslty its legendary for making the best even though it may be harder to use at first I know passive pretty well. Illuminated I spoke to them gonna check it out the WPE is a cool touch but havent seen many reviews.

5 Likes

IE is cheaper than ETS

1 Like

Buy my luna lol
Its in british columbia canada

Dm me for contact info.

4 Likes

Granted you’ll most likely get better service at ets. Though I have had to go around one of their sales people and get ahold of Sean directly for something extremely simple, granted the sales person had rights to be biased. I was hoping they were bigger than that. That can also happen at bzb, too. Depending on who you are talking to and how they can feel that day. Now, are these the normal cases for these two companies.

No. Not, at all.

BUT.

The amount of money you’ll have to spend on the MEP70 to get it to actually work as it should. That’s going to be a 500k ticket, easy. A bzb will be around 100k for a non lc02 version w/ ½" lines. Shotgun condenser, around 10k, rounding up. For recovery, I’m just using the cs200, for reference. Around 50k, maybe 55. Dimplex chiller to keep it all cold w/ 8kw maybe more @ -80c. That’s around 80-90k something. Far cheaper than the Huber option, granted not the same warranty and service. But, much more powerful and cheaper. Maybe throw in an extra 25k for shits and giggles because I’m way under the ets price tag. I’ve seen the invoices for both of these setups. The ets will definitely be easier to operate and have most people being able to operate it by lunchtime. The bzb, honestly isn’t that hard. But, does require more “effort” from the operator. And you are capable of putting out twice as much in the same amount of time. Especially with that much chilling power. Ets is all made here in the US of A. Bzb does use imported steel. All of the specialty welding is done stateside by a pretty damn good shop/welder. Will you experience experience quality issues from both, yea most likely. Not everyone is perfect and they make mistakes that get overlooked. I’ve never seen either one of these manufacturers equipment blow up or anything catastrophic, that wasn’t operator error.

Both great pieces of equipment. Depending on your lab setup and the material you plan on running.

15 Likes

Pretty much the long and short of it ^^^^^. Avoid precision like the plaque

7 Likes

They don’t even have filters on their columns.

6 Likes

I’ve ran an ETS, mini and MEP30, for over a year and it’s my favorite brand of hydrocarbon extractors. Their support system and training is fire. I’ve never heard a single person say anything good about Bizzy’s support system. Plus none of their machines are peer reviewed like ETS. People say Bizzy gets better concentrates but I’ve made some absolute fire with the miniMEP. Dred used a miniMEP for a while too I believe.

3 Likes

And I wasn’t a fan of it, at all. The volumetrics on how much solvent to use is bananas. And it honestly doesn’t complimented the way I operate. That’s all it boils down to. I have nothing against the equipment, in any way. It just doesn’t compliment my style. I sold it and bought back my bzb that I had before. All bzb equipment is certified (peer reviewed by @3PCertz) and asme. Vs the latter being “asme compliant”.

You can’t get better support than talking to Swiss at ETS.
You can’t get better support talking to Calvin at BZB.

Both establishments are capable of having an employee having an off day.

13 Likes