Biotage Isolera Repair

Wondering if anyone has had to get their isolera repaired and what it cost for the repairs? A friend offered me an isolera for R and D purposes if i can get it fixed. Support department is closed over the weekend at biotage so just wondering if anyone has any insight. The sales rep I spoke to said its no problem to get a used unit and get it repaired and back under warranty, but if it’s going to cost an arm and a leg I would rather just put that money towards a new unit.

I mean, kind of depends on the repair, right?
I like the sound of it tho!

It certainly does! If I had to pick a repair to get a price on it would be a motherboard replacement, since that’s the most expensive sounding one I can think of. I know there are other fees besides the repair as well, so I was just trying to hear people’s experiences.

I know it’s not biotage but Buchi charges 18k for a full flash system turnover (as of almost 1.5 years ago when I inquired.) Maybe Biotage has a similar program. You can probably find a similar unit for parts if you lurk eBay and govdeals.org

1 Like

They are easy to repair yourself and Biotage should help you. Maybe a pump and some new lines. Maybe a uv light. That’s about it.

1 Like

Just for everyone’s informational purposes they told me it would be about 7100 bucks to do a complete upgrade and get it back under factory warranty.

1 Like