Biomass Storage Space

Looking for help to determine how much space 10k-20k lbs of biomass will need for extraction storage. We currently run a small operation and process about 130lbs per week. We have a new lab almost finished and have the above mentioned biomass being supplied to increase our production to 600-900lbs per week. We store our biomass in a semi trailer storage unit. I know there will be huge differences in space required depending on how milled the biomass is. Can anyone give me an idea on how much space 15k lbs of biomass would take up in non milled state vs milled state.

2 Likes

10k unmilled fits in a 26’ enclosed trailer.

4 Likes

Is that packed full or stacked in totes on shelves?

Trash bags packed floor to ceiling front to back.

6 Likes

Unmilled and just general size you’ll get about 12-15 per yellow top tote give or take. There neater but contractor bags is the way if you dont have unlimited room

1 Like

Just don’t use the scented ones….

5 Likes

Haha went to go grab a big load once and the guy had told his girl to go get trash bags and she got the febreeze ones thinking it would cover the smell. Needless to say i left empty handed and he wasn’t very happy with her.

5 Likes

Thanks everyone for the replies so far. Seems like we are gonna need to upgrade our storage space!