Biomass Grinding at various scales?

Unequivocally yes.

chlorophyll ruins the terps

3 Likes

ill stick to hand pulling it into small bits. i get proper yields according to numbers. I just see this shit and wondered if im doing it wrong.

Freeze it and break it up while cold still

its 90 percent humidity. I know what youre saying but it condensates quick. what you say is wat i do but i was just seeing these machines and asked. next run isnt fresh but i plan on drying via nitrogen? my house is humid garden or not. i think i got almost 10 gallons out via dumidifiers today. 5 gals on the small one and a big monster with a pump doing more i presume. garden has zero sign of mold unlike the last one prior to all the dehumidifiers.

Do you have central air? Or basic air exchange?

i got crappy central thats disconnected from the basement other than drawing out. i got a leak in foundtion im reluctant to report to landlord while working/

Garden have ac?

I guess what I’m getting at is, does your space have negative pressure? So you’re always sucking in outside humid air through your home and workspace?

i traded for a giant lgr dehumidifier for basement remediation. it should be good now.

1 Like

its sealed . not as in tape and plastic. it still leaks through the drywall or whatever. I am exhausting out other rooms and the negative pressure of that may draw moisture out the whole vapor pressure area of the foundation crack

Yeah, you’re just dealing with an uphill battle there aren’t yah? I guess winter time there is the saving grace. When does the high humidity like that come and go?

Washington’s humid, but it’s also cold and rainy so it’s not near the same sweat box

i got led- so now I get to pay for ac and dehumidifier instead of light- it should work out vs having a killer plant with mold in top cola.

my moms house is in washington- oak harbor island if you are there youre def a dick Im not gonna let you lure me into being conversational because in the end you always hate me and are luring me/

1 Like

Not luring you.

Think you just won me over.

Small fucking world

Wow

Yeah, he’s trying to lure you into a $20k grinder you don’t need…

If you start at the top you’ll find

Which is what @FicklePickle was suggesting was appropriate for your scale….and is the gold standard as I learned it from the @SkunkyFarmers

If you’re running 40k lb of hemp through a centrifuge, or using CO2 to extract, you need a different solution…

1 Like

We have our own version of the cutting mill so the processing volume has massivly increased from the origional versions.

They are labratory mills as a standard setup so we have just changed around some of the components to our own and we can get between 2-5lbs per minute manually fed and between 5-10lbs per minute with the feeder.

Im not gonna claim there arent other mills with higher throughput we just offer better controls for particle sizing and future integration of this equipment to be attached easily to other processing equipment.

Id actualyl advise against buying one of our mills if it was for BHO or for FF. Ive rarely come across anyone trying to mill with BHO unless they had some specific reason.

I have never had any good experiences with attempting to mill anything frozen. Its a quite complex task to complete without some kind of LN2 or CO2 injection into the cutting path to keep the chamber freezing and for what it costs its not worth it for cannabis. We have done it before in other industries like polymer/plastics testing.

As you have said its easier to either hand crush the flower or we have come across people using roller pins attached by springs that they could roll the bags through and crush the flower up.

…straight into their centrifuge…

1 Like

We had a Pulverisette 19, but we were grinding material that already dried and cured and we were doing several hundred pounds an hour with it. We had no issues with clogging or anything like that. We had a few upgrades to it with a bigger hopper, etc… It put in some work and particle size we got was pretty consistent.

I actually felt like the price was worth it considering we had burned through like 5 cheaply made grinders. Could just be a YMMV situation and it’s probably completely material dependent.

2 Likes

We’re running a precious plastics shredder these days. It’s not bad.

Does decent volume - easily shreds faster than a worker can feed it if you’re running well bucked dry material.

The grind size isn’t ideal so we run everything through it twice.

The overall concept is sound though, so we’re going to a much larger purpose built unit on our next round of upgrades.

2 Likes

Two other option that I don’t believe have been posted here:

Santa Cruz MEGA Shredder

And something along the lines of Medium-Size Food Mill with 3 Graters | Winco

Thanks @anthonyperrera : Thca powder questions - #49 by anthonyperrera

1 Like