bio mass wanted for tolling program

Colorado

Looking for the bio mass that needs a home.

Program is simple.

Bio Mass delivered to Facility
We Process.
At the end of process we pay 15% above fair market value.
30 - 90 days depending on weight.
Looking for 10% or better
Capacity is 2 tons per day.

How do you determine FMV? Sounds like this deal is good for you, bad for farmers.

Program is simple:

Give us your shit for free, cuz we’ve got big machines and stuff y’know?
U deliver
Let us make money from your work
Then we’ll [maybe] give you some of that money

Looking for handouts.
Capacity is whatever we can get.

:fu:

5 Likes

Fair market value is equivalent to cash at time of purchase

and maybe that’s how you do business… not on this end…

1 Like

Sorry, are you not asking for other business owners to float you the product they’ve been working non-stop for the past six months to produce? Are you offering any collateral? Because the value of a single day’s worth of your capacity (2 tons of 10% hemp) is enough to buy a decent house in some parts of this country. And you are asking people to give you that based on a promise, LOL.

I hope other farmers have learned by now, F*CK this noise!! Do not let the hard earned fruits of your labor leave your sight until you are paid!! You gotta pay to play, just like every other damn business on earth!!! Wtf is with people thinking it’s okay to ask for hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of ANYTHING to be given to them based on weak promises as thin and wispy as a silent fart??

Apologies I know nothing about you personally or your business, however I advise farmers against working under this model in virtually all cases. It’s total crap for farmers and they end up getting burned ALL THE TIME. How about you at least pay for half up front and share the risk?

3 Likes

No offense fellas but expectations dont always meet reality. If you cant find cash buyers like most of the farmers im finding it may be easier to move extracted products. Even there its not a guarantee you will make anything at all. This whole market is speculative.

3 Likes

There are contracts and guarantees in place already for extracted products. Contracts with entities that have, can and will Pay 50% of contract upfront. We have the ability to buy it and pay upfront. We also know there are farmers out there with material that’s just gonna go bad. It’s an easy two way street for everyone.

1 Like

@MrRandy good point
@RedDog sorry to see how traumatized you have been by the industry. But you don’t get to make blanket statements like this without knowing who you are dealing with. I work with a toll processor who consistently fulfills his promises. I encourage anyone seeking toll processing services to visit the facility and check references to confirm the operation is legit. And finished product, while low in value at current market value, is still far more valuable than rotting molding aging biomass. Might as well get everything processed into a shelfstabke product and wait for demand to rise as it often*** WILL.

2 Likes

Massive over supply of hemp + a shit pile of farmers that didn’t anticipate drying (again) means toll processors set the terms.

Farmers don’t set prices, the market does

9 Likes

Goodness gracious

A farmer i am not

But surely when the plants are pulled from mother earth, they must dry yes? (Sarcasm here :p)

I witnessed this behavior twice with OLCC farms.

Grows lots of weed, but no where to dry it :joy:

I am rolling this morning, this industry has me laughing to the point of tears

Careful with that last bit. Many bubbles burst and never recover.

2 Likes

So what you’re saying is farmers need fee based drying services?

2 Likes

I edited

1 Like

I’m glad you work with a great toll processor. I never said I was against toll processing. A farmer has vetted an extractor and wants to pay for their services, that’s perfectly reasonable. On another note, every farm I know who had a contract this year has already gotten burned on it. You’re right I don’t know this fella’s business so best I keep my mouth shut. Perhaps went too far. I care that folks are at least equally aware that as much stories as there are of great deals being had through split agreements, there at least as many cases of fuckery and loss. If you’re going to bet the farm, better be damn sure your relation with the folks you’re betting with is solid as a rock.

Plus, who said anything about farmers not drying, rotting buds in the field, and all that stuff? To automatically assume farmers need immediate extraction service or they’re doomed? I’m not talking about farmers who aren’t actually farmers. I’m talking about the ones who know the steps to bring a crop to market and are prepared to do so successfully. If you grow a crop with no plan to harvest and dry it, you are not a farmer yet. You are new and learning and should’ve probably done an internship first. Weather is unpredictable, and mold happens even to the best growers, yes. Oregon taking huge losses this year. Mostly due to ill-preparedness though, even with the weather as it’s been. I’ve still got plants in one field, after all the rain and cold, perfectly mold free and looking frosty and beautiful af. Shout out to KLR farms with superb genetics. PS all the plastic that people are using on the ground encourages that mold. Plastic mulch sucks and is gross.

Anyway, let’s not pretend like extractors are some kind of saints doing the lord’s work to save the farmers’ haul. They’re making significant amounts of money too.

Also, methinks massive over-supply is an illusion of the market to favor low pricing during the frenzy & desperation surrounding harvest; that will pass as it becomes evident how unsuccessful, and unaware of the intricacies of handling the cannabis plant, many growers were this year. Already seeing tons of super-BOOF being touted as “smokable flower”.

@Future

“The market” sets prices, but who is “the market”? Who, who who, the most important question of all! “The market” is a ghost and doesn’t make any decisions, because “the market” has no central organized nervous system. Anyone in business knows the value of any product or service you are selling is equal to whatever the purchaser is willing to pay. What determines this has as much to do with the seller/farmer as it does with anyone else involved. Marketing. It’s a verb, too.

Apologies for the rants. Surprised my post was flagged as inappropriate then remembered this forum is basically entirely made up of extractors :rofl:

2 Likes

Your flag was rejected. The market, the oversupply, these aren’t some figment of imagination. These are very real circumstances. I’ve seen mountains of dry hemp already and we are barely into the harvest and I’m just one guy

4 Likes

This is exactly why we’re considering moving to Oregon, several ppl in another thread said exactly this

Extractors in Oregon are doing 65/35 in there favor and farms are doing it because they have no other choice

1 Like

Hemp right? The Oregon thc market is fucked. You could get 10/90 splits as an oregon processor for a while, doesn’t matter if you don’t have an established brand to sell under. Last I heard the surplus of material was 6 years worth, not enough people in Oregon to smoke all the weed that was grown

1 Like

Yes hemp

California doesnt even have hemp laws yet for industrial hemp really, kinda why I’m trying to gtfo

I hate this place lmao

Theres not enough big hemp guys in Oregon at this point and with harvest approaching it’s going to get interesting.

Not to mention once thc is federally legal 6 years over production of thc should allow me to make thc disty for dirt cheap and export it

3 Likes

Oregon is a far better place politically than California imo (Minus Portland) just don’t tell people you came from Cali, they don’t like that.

I agree with your projections though

2 Likes