BHO CLS w/ CRC - Product Consistancy Issues - Lots of technical questions

Deacarb material will be sap always

4 Likes

The process…nothing. the end product…everything. THCa and delta 9 THC are different in their pure forms right? Think distillate to diamonds. THC is viscous, where as THCa is crystalline.

I only run clay, I used to run DE as well. I can not speak to the other medias or their effects.

3 Likes

Does bvv crc have any sintered filter

1 Like

i had the same problem but turns out my material was just old and had a lot of THC in it not THCA.

if you have old material that’s the whole problem. have you run it without CRC and have it come out as a super stable slab?

1 Like

They do actually, they sell Dutch weave discs. I have a 1um one and I’m quite happy with it

3 Likes

define old?

@butaneboi is correct.

if it’s decarbed in storage you’re never getting shatter…

3 Likes

Most cans are mixes of gases.

there are other ways of making dark material.

eg freeze thaw. or machine trim. especially if done wet.

2 Likes

He could jar it up and make applesauce maybe?

Edit: provided not everything decarbed.

1 Like

that would probably depend on how decarbed it is: ISO insight to stop budder from hardening

edit: you got it!!

1 Like

I seen they had those. I just remember when they posted their crc it was expensive and only had regular filter plates on it

Yeah, their crc is still normal plates and paper last I looked.

1 Like

How old is your trim? And how was it stored?

1 Like

What is a good brand of canned butane to use?

1 Like

No clue. Bought a couple cases once or twice and went to tanks.

2 Likes

See: What is the best hydrocarbon on the market? for other opinions on the subject. Some more relevant to your query than others…

Whip it premium 420ml cans…they have enough propane to spray out the can even at -30ish

1 Like

Bro, please don’t use cans… If you are using glass tubes, this is the absolute last thing you need to do. If you have a closed loop (cls) you can use a tank to supply your extraction. Please! Please! FUCKING PLEASE, do not open blast!!! Use ethanol if you have no loop…

Butane Residue Test Results | Page 2 | International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums. Skyhighler did extensive testing of canned butane back in the day.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong IMO with using cans and a can tapper to get the solvent into the tank, then distill it a time or two…
Seen some bad shit in 120# tanks from avalanche ice…back when I used them

1 Like