Beware of High Five, High 5 Lab Supply. CON ARTIST! Photos!

Here is the most level I can make the cold trap. Shows that the bottom support ring is too short for how wide the cold trap is:

1 Like

Hereā€™s that distillation head up close

Now lets get into what Seth Oxhandler refers to as (and I quote) a SOLID SYSTEM!!

This is everything that clown sent me MINUS the chiller and vac pump. They just are in the pictures but, in all fairness, I do have them. Of course, at 230V operating voltage, I canā€™t USE the pump but, yeah, I have it.

WHAT DO Yā€™ALL THINK?..WILL IT FLY?..LOL

1 Like

highfive%20solid

37 Likes

Broā€¦you are an arteest!

4 Likes

Yeah, you are gonna have some issues with that setup. Iā€™m surprised he sold it to you honestly. He must have been out of his normal inventory. :man_shrugging:

Your recieving flask should be horizontal aswell as your cold trap.

He must have been outta his mind!

Well, honestly it will work. With this addition, as long as your not doing hot condenser:

https://www.amazon.com/Chemglass-Bellows-Adapter-PTFE-Joint/dp/B01N0X8I9T

Get 2 if you really want to be sure you wonā€™t accidentally break your cold trap too. You donā€™t need that last piece you have connected on the vacuum take off, or rather you shouldnā€™t and the ptfe bellow would replace it anyway.

Ya thatā€™s pretty bad, definitely a refund

1 Like

His normal heads work with that setup usually. Iā€™ve never seen him do this before.

1 Like

But its a SOLID SYSTEM !

Kinda reminds me of Nigel Tufnel insisting that his Marshalls are ā€œspecialā€ because they go to eleven.

nigel%2011

2 Likes

No, thatā€™s unfair, kinda. There is nothing wrong with the way the system works, really. Itā€™s just not primed and there are better configurations out there for sure.

And add that bellows and you are set.

Soā€¦donā€™t worry about how much vac Iā€™m pulling? Its okay if my cold trap is leaning like Pisa?
Maybe donā€™t worry about how hot my boiling flask is? I mean, Iā€™m not trying to pick on you necessarily as Iā€™m pretty sure you canā€™t see everything thatā€™s wrong with this ā€œkitā€ but, yeah, those things are wrong.

Now, maybe not relevant to the question of ā€œwill it runā€ but the parallel issue with this silliness is that I was sold on ALL USA GLASS and Iā€™m thinking the only pieces that are USA-made are the isolation valve and the cold trap.

Ya that system will not work as is, thats a shotty job at best its nothing more than slapping together Chinese glass.

1 Like

Again, the bellows will straighten it out. You need a flask on the cold trap and a jack to hold it up straight.

And yes, seems like the bf and head most likely are Chinese.

You can add places with kf parts to measure vac before or after the cold trap.

Edit:

I also think youā€™ve assembled it incorrectly. That extension piece should go between the condenser and the vacuum adapter (most likely) so it pushes past the stirrer. The bellows you have should then connect to the cold trap with the kf25 adapters.

Again, itā€™s a shitty setup, but he had a plan (it looks like).

Its male to male

Aaaah, of course. I guess Iā€™m the goat. Yeah, the system is flawed as is. My ptfe bellows wouldnā€™t even work, lol.

Its more than it just ā€œwonā€™t workā€. This tool straight up scammed me. And I have to wonder; does he have an IQ of, like, 17 or so? I mean, Iā€™m practically right down the street and thereā€™s enough money involved that of course Iā€™m going to pursue this. What a dumb move. Scam Nigerians, not your neighbor.

6 Likes

Id pop in and say hi

7 Likes

The guy ripped me off before too. his wife is the one that makes the edibles whoever her old man is, is ā€œSethā€ his ig handle is/was alcohol avenger. He was trying to sell overhead stirrer solvent recovery systems.

2 Likes