Best ways to get oil out of vape carts?

10 or less*

did you catch why OP was attempting this trick?

the location of the post could also considered a hint.

Missed the testing part! That being said thats my preferred way to empty carts when i have to. And i have a centrifuge. I also have an aseptic isolator i do this inside of. I have an extra isolator for sale actually.

1 Like

You still running screw ons?

I haven’t figured out a decent solution for getting back into press-ons.

How about you @Labdog?

Edit: You can get also oil out the bottom of the cart by spinning it, it takes a bit…that was not the goal.

1 Like

Nothing is more reliably fast and consistent as screw ons. I have a good team and we make little contests out of it. We break fewer carts and have fewer leaks than when we tried the press on route. We make dispos also and it takes constant vigilance to insure the mouth piece is actually the whole way on as we flip everything for atleast 24 hours before it goes out the door.

We went with a robot.

It does fuck up every now and then.

Not as often as I do…but theoretically I learn from my mistakes

:shushing_face:

1 Like

Those look very cool, ive talked to the bossman about it actually. But we are remote east coast and dont like having anything that isnt easily maintenced in-house on the fly. Currently rock four kiss fillers.

WHY?!?

call that your retention sample.

You can use a second centrifuge tube to get that later if you ever need it.

1 Like

Getting the mouthpieces off press on carts? Man it sucks, best I’ve found is needle nose pliers with carts in a bench vice and trying to use a little length of 1" pipe to make a leaver with the pliers against the top of the vice. Cursing and empty threats to whomever sent you all the carts also helps I feel.

2 Likes

Bother.

I don’t make make the AOAC approved methods I just follow them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

can you see any reason that it is NECESSARY?

is there any apriori expectation that the first half of the cart and the second half of the cart would be different composition? that pesticides/terpenes/cannabinoids would partition in an unequal manner between the cart and your tube?

are you able to validate a variance where you are taking only what you can easily retrieve? If the method was developed before we had press on carts, is it still viable without a variance?

To use less carts

As explained by @Labdog

A1.5ml or 2ml eppie tube nested in a 15 or 50ml falcon tube will get the job done.

I brute forced the lids off…surprisingly without additional tooling.

Removing the silicone oring was way harder that bending the cap off

We don’t actually have 50ml tube adapters…

And for those NOT doing testing.

4 Likes

My Hero just started playing in my head

3 Likes

I did spin them this way for 30 min first. To no avail. Before ripping their heads off and doing it right.

I’m also little confused as to why I have no way of spinning either the 50ml nor the 1.5ml tubes…

:man_shrugging:

Why you cannot spin whatever kind of tube you want? just need a different insert that fits the rotor? are using the sarcasm?

I spin 50ml tubes most of the time… and I’ve done 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, and 5mL tubes as well… Most of the time I had to get screw on caps instead of flip tops and stuff. But there’s lots of tubes like that.

Also - is it not good that spinning it for 30 minutes trying to get it out of the atomizer and it did not come out? That just means its not leaking, right? :smiley:

2 Likes

Dunno how I breezed past this. Thank you!

I haz tubes. No adapters. Not sure why. Or why I’ve not addressed it. The tubes are useful in their own right, but both are more useful if they can be spun.

Last time I needed to spin a 50ml tube I tied a string to it and swung it in the parking lot…

Seems like something I might should address.

Agreed; nothing out the bottom in 30min at 1000+ G says they’re not leaking. Which IS a good thing.

I was attempting to repeat a previous screwup. Where I did achieve hash out through the atomizer (of 200 carts at once).

5 Likes

where to cut

My lab uses a pipe/column cutting tool at the junction between the metal and glass part shown above. Gets it off pretty nicely then you can just scrape it out ez pz. Haven’t tried the centrifuge method yet as its decently easy to do it this way.

1 Like