Best ways to get oil out of vape carts?

Bother.

I don’t make make the AOAC approved methods I just follow them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

can you see any reason that it is NECESSARY?

is there any apriori expectation that the first half of the cart and the second half of the cart would be different composition? that pesticides/terpenes/cannabinoids would partition in an unequal manner between the cart and your tube?

are you able to validate a variance where you are taking only what you can easily retrieve? If the method was developed before we had press on carts, is it still viable without a variance?

To use less carts

As explained by @Labdog

A1.5ml or 2ml eppie tube nested in a 15 or 50ml falcon tube will get the job done.

I brute forced the lids off…surprisingly without additional tooling.

Removing the silicone oring was way harder that bending the cap off

We don’t actually have 50ml tube adapters…

And for those NOT doing testing.

4 Likes

My Hero just started playing in my head

3 Likes

I did spin them this way for 30 min first. To no avail. Before ripping their heads off and doing it right.

I’m also little confused as to why I have no way of spinning either the 50ml nor the 1.5ml tubes…

:man_shrugging:

Why you cannot spin whatever kind of tube you want? just need a different insert that fits the rotor? are using the sarcasm?

I spin 50ml tubes most of the time… and I’ve done 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, and 5mL tubes as well… Most of the time I had to get screw on caps instead of flip tops and stuff. But there’s lots of tubes like that.

Also - is it not good that spinning it for 30 minutes trying to get it out of the atomizer and it did not come out? That just means its not leaking, right? :smiley:

2 Likes

Dunno how I breezed past this. Thank you!

I haz tubes. No adapters. Not sure why. Or why I’ve not addressed it. The tubes are useful in their own right, but both are more useful if they can be spun.

Last time I needed to spin a 50ml tube I tied a string to it and swung it in the parking lot…

Seems like something I might should address.

Agreed; nothing out the bottom in 30min at 1000+ G says they’re not leaking. Which IS a good thing.

I was attempting to repeat a previous screwup. Where I did achieve hash out through the atomizer (of 200 carts at once).

5 Likes

where to cut

My lab uses a pipe/column cutting tool at the junction between the metal and glass part shown above. Gets it off pretty nicely then you can just scrape it out ez pz. Haven’t tried the centrifuge method yet as its decently easy to do it this way.

1 Like

That doesn’t seem like a good solution. How are you not ending up with contamination there?

Scraping tools and the cutter itself are wiped down with IPA and let dry between uses to minimize/prevent contamination

Scraping tools and the cutter itself are wiped down with IPA and let dry between uses to minimize/prevent contamination.
Not sure If i directly replied to you so i made another post

2 Likes

The pipe cutter sounds like a decent idea, I’ll try it out sometime. You crack em open and then pull the post/atomizer out, keeping the goop in the glass part right? Sounds doable.

2 Likes

besides following the AOAC method SOP, many states have minimum sub-sample requirements for a specific test like terps or residual solvents

1 Like

Use a syringe to extract the oil from the cart. Remove the mouthpiece and use a syringe with a blunt tip needle to carefully extract the oil from the cart.

4 Likes

What version of chat bot type this?

3 Likes

Chat 肏你妈

For press-fit carts, Aveo Vapor Devices (www.aveo710.com) has a patent-pending unlocking function for Easy Press Carts that allows you to access the cartridge with a simple pin that is inserted into the mouthpiece and opens the claws that lock the cartridge for simple access.

See here: PRL Industrial Series Video - YouTube

Aveo was created by the same group behind Advanced Vapor Devices (AVD).

6 Likes