Best Vacuum Pump Oil for SPD and Rotovap using Alcatel Adixen 2021i Pump

vacoil advertises the 20 as a capable oil for diffusion… hmmmmm :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Are you using same pump for both SPD and Rotovap?
Do you get a cold trap for your rotovap?
The vapor will damage your pump performance really quick.
So you might want to get a water circulating vacuum pump for rotovap, that one will not be damage by ethanol. And you can save the nice pump for SPD.
The water pump only cost $1000 i believe.

Ultra grade 19, not 20… theres also a difference between 19 and 19 ultra… i prefer ultra

2 Likes

why would u prefer ultra 19 over ultra 20?

1 Like

Check out the viscosity and vapor pressure at temp.

“VacOil 20 Grade has a vapor pressure of less than 10^-6 torr vs 10^-5 torr for 19 grade and is slightly more viscous and more stable than 19 grade oil.”

at a difference of roughly 133 pascal, price aside. the performance benefit of 20 seems to outweigh the pressure drawback.

these are comparing regular, not ultra as well tho.

FREE SHIPPING for our XTRAX 19 Grade Oil. This is a high grade of universal 19 grade vacuum pump oil. This is the best value to rotate your oil on a frequent schedule to maintain consistent vacuum levels and prolong the life of the pump.

CODE: SHIPITFREE

Code is good for shipping of gallon, 5 gallon and 55 gallon barrels in the lower 48 states.

Vacuum Pump Oil Promo

3 Likes

I know this post has been around for awhile, but Grade 19 is not quite as good as 20 grade, but if you are changing your oil a lot, then the 19 is great. We sell the Vacoil at xtraxpros.com

Grade 20 is meant for rich oxygen environment, it’s a substitute for fomblim but not as good. It’s made to eject highly diffused molecules from the oil. With 19/20 it’s no different since we technically contaminate the oil. 20 is not meant to be contaminated.

1 Like

Grade 20 is a severely hydro-treated paraffinic oil that is double distilled through a molecular distillation process to remove light end fractions. It also has a higher molecular weight and viscosity index providing longer service life and reduced build up of varnish and carbonized oil on the internal pump components. This oil is not used in oxygen rich environments.

2 Likes

Is this your first time copying and pasting? Looks like it…

Is this your first time with vacuum pumps? It’s okay I can help you and answer all your questions.

Our core business history is in rotary vane vacuum pumps. 30 years of selling and repairing them. VacOil is our proprietary brand and is widely recognized in the cannabis and many many other industries. We our in are lane, are you? You are wrong about 20 grade oil being used in oxygen rich environments and is NOT a substitute for Fomblin!

1 Like

As a experienced vacuum sales professional I would expect you to know this. Clearly you don’t. Here let me educate you.

Grade i19 is generally a organic composition oil.
Grade u19 is generally a synthetic composition oil.

Grade i20 is generally a organic composition oil that is further distilled a slightly altered beyond i19.
Grade u20 is generally a synthetic composition oil that is chemically altered and redistilled to get beyond u19.

The i typically stand for organic or even synth blend but usually organic. The u is also refered to as ultra. Hence ultra 19 or ultra 20.

For anything in cannabis or related industries that we produce “x temp” vacuum vapors using 19 or 20 won’t matter one bit.

Only in the situation where the intake gasses are so hot that they will in turn break down organic vacuum pump oil that you use synthetic or ultra grade oils. This could be seen in microchip production or similar high high temp vacuum pressure vapors are being introduced.

The real difference is where organic oils will turn black and encounter thermal breakdown when these gasses or temperature of mixed gasses enter the pump and cause actual gumming up and reduction of part life and vacuum quality. The use of synthetic oils are required because they will stay nearly colorless and won’t degrade as fast as organic. I can demonstrate with a heating mantle under vacuum and display this as data for visual education and proof what one or the other can withstand. We moved to synthetic vacuum oils in our boiling flasks for mantle calibration for this exact reason. I have ultra19 in flasks for about a year now and they still look like new when we use them at 180c.

So. The point being. One user can use ultra 19 in thier pump for 9-12 months at a time when the pumps are used to create a vacuum and never need to have oil changes because they don’t contaminate. Say miniscule amounts of helium, oxygen, etc are being ejected from this clean oil. If the vacuum has inlet heat then a ultra 20 oil that won’t break down as fast can be used to further allow extremely long durations between oil changes. The ultra or synthetic oil really is designed to be used in clean environmental operating conditions.

When we talk about contamination the difference in spd, wfe, rfe doesn’t matter one bit if you use any other type of oil. The reason is because both I/u 19-20 grade will contaminate the exact same way.

So why wouldn’t you buy a proper oil say I/u19(even though u is alot more than I) and use it since it’s cheaper and you’ll dump it exactly the same amount as 20 grade oil.

Grade 20 either I or u, is just a higher temp resistant oil. It will offer zero vacuum benefit for the user to pay more for a higher grade oil that will lower it’s micron rate; identical and equal if the same terps, alcohol, water etc entered the pump side by side.

People who use those oils have nearly zero inlet contamination and usually allow gasses like oxygen, helium, cda, argon etc that eject from the higher grade clean oils faster. With the types of contamination we encounter it will have zero effectivity once it’s loaded with crap anyways.

Drops mic.

We agree with your long-winded response. However, we disagree with your earlier claim about 20 Grade being used for oxygen rich applications and a substitute for Fomblin.

Hope your mic is okay after dropping it. :upside_down_face:

You still getting hung up on th oxygen part.

This fellow here is a gosh darn genius and so calm about explaining things! Makes me want to buy something from him just to have it. Will do it too as soon as the state lets me get a permit.

Yep. Cause you are wrong and won’t retract that part of your thread. Fomblin and 20 Grade are NOT compatible. They are very different. One is FLAMMABLE and one is NOT. Please admit you are a prince and not the king on this issue. :nerd_face:

2 Likes