Best triclamps, nuts, and bolts

Looks like a great resource. I will for sure check them out more thoroughly

1 Like

Has anyone tried the “pro” series high pressure clamps from BVV?

I have been shopping for some decent 12" clamps and these look pretty good to me.

I watched their clamp comparison video below and it looks like they pretty much copied the LJ Star design and charge about the same price.

Unlike LJ Star they offer the clamps in 8", 10" and 12". LJ stops at 6".

Even though the 12" clamps aren’t rated for it, they mention in the video that they tested the 12" Pro clamp on a standard spool and lid style collection pot and were able to take it up to 800 PSI before they had a leak develop.

The part about testing the 12" clamp starts at about 4:50 into the video if you’re interested.

1 Like

LJ Star does make 12” ASME clamps, problem is the pressure ratings decrease significantly on any clamps larger than 6”. Their 12” clamp is only rated to 102 psi. I would recommend LJ Star for clamps up to 6” after that the extra cost isn’t worth it imo. I really don’t recommend using any clamps larger than 6” but if you’re going to there are other ASME clamps that are rated the same or even better for a fraction of the price. It’s good to know the torque specs for your gasket material and to check for wear and damage regularly. Be careful and very mindful of the ratings especially if using propane or a blend.

1 Like