Best solvents/cleaning agents for removing oil extracts from floors, and other surface areas

Hi Guys,

This might be a no brainer for most but I am looking for best solvents/cleaning agents that can remove cannabinoid oil residues from floors and equipment surfaces.

Every now and then we spill a bit of oil and we scrub the floors at the end of each day. Currently using ethanol but there must be a better solution.

Let me know what you guys use

1 Like

Acetone is a the best if your floors can take it. Limonene probably too

6 Likes

Simple green works.

1 Like

What one looks like there’s a few?

I use Envirox Degreaser - its food safe and good for all kinds of stuff. For things where I’m soaking I use a DrySan Duo - its a multi-solvent solution so if you get things that are not soluble in ethanol it has a bit more there to help, mixed with a light abrasive salt it does wonders for me on glassware.

Degreaser

Drysan Duo

Ecolab has a group focused on cannabis cleaners - so if you have something unique you could always talk to them. They helped me with pharma and now they are helping me with extraction. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I use ZEP citrus degreaser

3 Likes

I was impressed with @MagisterChemist’s application of ZEP. Takes the therapeutic right out of the cement…

3 Likes

Try alconox. They have detergents and cleaners for everything, and most of it is biodegradable and residue free

2 Likes

Acetone for shit that it doesn’t degrade.
Ethanol mixed with limonene for stainless steel and tables.
A light use of a heat gun and ethanol for stuff the limonene will tear away at.

1 Like

I use Limonene to remove it from tables and furniture, alcohol on the floor and tiles, and discovered that gel paint stripper does a stellar job of removing it from pipes and bongs.

2 Likes

Ethanol is my go to for pretty much all surfaces. Sanitized with a 70/30 mix of EtOH and DI water afterwards.

2 Likes

Hi Guys,

I took in everybodies input and contacted the suppliers you guys metioned and found some additional ones myslef. To give something back I will list the suppliers below and the prices they charge. Hope you will find this helpful:

Florachem - Citraflor OT3 - 25.96 USD p/gallon
Florachem - Citraflor R20 - 27.95 USD p/gallon
EzClean - D-limonene - 21.36 USD p/gallon
Envirox - ENVIROX H2ORANGE2 ONE RTU CLNR/ DEGREASER/SANITIZER - 16.27 USD p/gallon

Most of above solutions incorporate a form of d-limonene (citrus).

6 Likes

I’m actually looking for surfactants tailored for cannabinoids. I’ll have to check them out, my plan was to get a bunch of stock solutions and start experimenting.

You don’t have to do experimenting. They have an entire lab dedicated to finding the right solutions and concentrations and temperatures. :slight_smile:

I let the experts handle this stuff - and use the protocols as written. They will even send you the testing they did, if you ask. If you want to make your own cannabis cleaner, that’s really cool. I’d love to know what you find out and where your research takes you.

1 Like