Best solvent pull remaining cannabinoids from disty waste

Like your feed back! Thanks!

Method and solvents!?

Depends on what your waste is made of. Best how? Most selective would probably be something nonpolar if the input was dewaxed/winterized properly. Most seem to rerun that material directly through distillation rather than cleaning it up using other methods

Dewaxed.
I’m doing single pass fast.
Decarbing very well and deterping. I guess I’ll just run em back thru.

Yep, standard thing to do would be build up your heads and tails separately and then do another pull on them when you have enough. Not usually much in the heads though

How are you decanting and deterping?

20L reactor at 155 c for 5 hrs. for decarb and deterp.

155c?? Under vac or no?

i Highly recommend LLE to pull water soluble terpenes and assorted other junk, it really depends on how the starting material is processed to devise a method to purify the oil though-
If you were to provide a step by step harvest to extraction description of your process it might be easier to provide guidance

I had some success with methanol. Did 3-4 “pulls” on my tails and got the cannabanoid content down to under 10% from a 20-30% starting point.

A bunch of the junk in your tails is non-polar from what I was able to discern (most of it would dissolve in heptane, not methanol).

Probably could’ve gone down even further if I had some proper agitation on it and gave it a bit more heat. I wasn’t being super precise at the time.

So yes

Are you saying I could take maybe what 4:1 heptane to tails
Then maybe 2:1 methanol and add some water
Should I heat?
Stir and let relax and drain off hep layer? and boom thats the good shit?

under vac of course

Yeah, that might work?

Simplest would probably be multiple methanol washes on the junk.

If you wanna go through the rigamarole I’d say.

Dissolve everything in heptane (3-4:1)
Do multiple water washes, going through 5-10ph and then neutralize and drain all water.

Then do multiple methanol rinses on the heptane until your methanol is no longer picking up color/cannabanoids (probably 4-6 washes of methanol equal in volume to your heptane).

Then evaporate the methanol and collect. It’ll probably get you a 60-80% cannabanoid crude. Which you can then redistill

2 Likes

yea I was trying to not have to do the rigamorale lol especially the ph water step bs. 4
I’m going to try to redistill real slow… see what happens.

So you’re going to do the same thing you did last time and expect a different result?

I got like 300 of those.