Best Recreational Cannabis States?

What’s the best recreational state on the east coast?

Maine is awesome. Medical program is stupid easy to get into and has the best cannabis on the east coast by far. Recreational still has a ways to go. Vermont just came online so they aren’t there yet, but give it a year or 2 and I think you’ll have some great craft products coming out of that market. Everything I’ve got in Mass sucked. NY market is fucked. Northern New England is really where you want to be for quality anything. Beer and food included.

4 Likes

What are the hold backs with recreational? Maine

Virginia. No retail yet, but home grow is allowed. Medical program sucks.
Lotsa fire coming online.

3 Likes

Maine is not a great choice for money. It’s a great research state. We have a really small demo. We allow anyone to grow 4 plants, med patients more. Maine dosent have a ton of boarder to work. Canada and the ocean don’t make great customers. Focus on bringing a premium product to a metro market.

Metrc and alot of med going AU with the inability to move plants/genetics. Just some wierd shit. It’s almost panned out now though.

2 Likes

Other thing is cost and accessibility. Theres a $375 excise tax per pound on Rec bud when it leaves the farm. Plus all the extra overhead from staying in compliance with the Rec rules- security, real estate in a town that allows it, product testing, etc.

Basically anyone, anywhere can get a medical caregiver license and have 500sqft of flower canopy. There isnt any track and trace in place, no excise tax on the cannabis, and the caregivers can sell directly to consumers or open up a shop. This has created an abundance of competition and naturally that leads to a better and more affordable product for the consumer. Its also stupid easy for patients to get a med card, I just texted a Nurse my info and got a card mailed over.

A lot of cannabis users simply get the medical card to have access to cheaper/better weed, so the medical program is great.

2 Likes

NY is the best ive seen so far… LOL