Best preventative/treatment for botrytis (outdoor)

Maybe it’s only a nutritional issue for that one strain. Every strain I’ve had my hands on and seen grown likes different things. Could be that those particular plants have different needs that are not being met.

Could also be that those genetics don’t like to be outdoors or are just particularly susceptible to botrytis infection/infestation. The Las Vegas cut of purple kush will always grow terribly outdoors. Always. Grown the right way indoors, its a winner, every time.

Not every strain does well in the PNW (assuming that is the general location of said problem plants). Which strain is it, if you don’t mind me asking?

2 Likes

This is what I would geuss…

But I’m just some simple dude in a shed, what’s my input worth…

3 Likes

I would also put money on the fact that those genetics are more susceptible to issues caused by humidity. The outdoors of the PNW are great for some strains and a nightmare for others.

2 Likes

Maybe if @anon16547145 spent more money on his cuts he wouldn’t have these issues

(Add Heavy italics)

Lol

3 Likes

Tea, lots of tea. Worm castings,
drearth 4-4-4, bakashi , molasses maybe some rainbow or serenade and a little fish. Have fune with it. brew for 2to3 days filter and spray. Works for most pythium ,pm and botrytus. Skalable with tractor sprayer. It creates competition for food supply on and in the plant, dead tissues are absorbed into the beneficial organisms biome instead of the ones that parasite off the plant itself. You shiuld be using this as your feeding regimine for sensitive and effective plants.This all goes back to integrated management of the crop . Also pruning the middle of the plants goes a long way.

1 Like

Power wreck

E32 train wreck x Power Plant

Finishes late September but the few gives it Botrytis

Could have a dripping wet anything next to it that doesn’t

Sounds like a strain you may want to replace for next year’s outdoor crop. I’m not super familiar with that strain or its parents, so sorry I’m not more help in that regard.

Either way, I bet you’ve got at least a few other strains worth switching it out for. Best way to see what not to grow is to see what has the most issues while running and not run it again (at least under the same conditions). At least you know that even with a relatively early finish, this strain is likely more trouble than it’s worth.

3 Likes

Build a controlled environment.

1 Like

Anyone try this?

5 Likes

I got the regalia maxx yesterday, I’m going to try it on my outdoor plants. Here the lowest the humidity will go is 60% about 2 days of the summer the rest of the days are 70-100%.

If it works it’s a miracle, but I’m hoping it’s also good ipm for a fungicide indoor as well.

3 Likes

Buy a $20 refractometer. If that strain had a hard dividing line, it has a Ca deficiency.

All strains are different. There isn’t a lot of data on individual cannabis cultivar fertilization. But it’s possible that you have one that falls way out of normal, for example there are several apple cultivars that have a high affinity to absorb K instead of Ca, they need to be fertilized with 1/10 of the K as a standard apple.

4 Likes