Best method for terpene extraction

Probably fried children’s fingers. Adopted children too probably. You monster. Lol

All jokes aside…do you know what that does to your body? That’s trash.

“Yea but it tastes really good” :sleeping:

Aren’t vegetables full of heavy metals?

1 Like

So go CRC it then.

2 Likes

Ok that was a good one lmao

There are several traditional methods one may follow when choosing a terpene extraction process or how I prefer, using extraktLAB’s terpTRAP terpene collection method.

【Distillation, Hexane, and Ethanol Terpene Extraction Methods】

One extraction method involves steam distillation. The steam does not fully dilute the terpenes, but instead aids in evaporating all unnecessary components to create a mostly natural terpene. However, this method yields very little product in comparison to others.

The hexane extraction method utilizes its own chemical properties. The hexane solvent preserves vital terpenes, while eliminating any unnecessary particles. Since Hexane has fats and lipids, further dilution and freezing needs to occur for forty-eight hours to get the terpenes to a smoother consistency.

The hexane method takes longer and can produce a less consistent product, if not properly diluted.

The ethanol extraction method uses an alcohol variant and added heat over a long duration of time. A film evaporator can be used to separate the alcohol from other compounds. The heat degrades the organic compounds of terpenes.

This process causes CBD terpenes to lose much of their natural benefits. Ethanol extracts almost all biomass from the terpene, so chemical contamination may be likely to occur as well.

Also, the flavor and taste components may diminish and, unlike in isolated tinctures, the consumer is unable to go back and adjust the flavor profile to make it more palatable.

Your post is literally a copy-paste from here. I guess the bots have arrived

3 Likes

It also doesn’t make any fucking sense. Its like a bad translation got mixed with a little random-jargon mad-libbing

2 Likes

Yeah, they dropped in and left about ten of those.

All essentially pasted verbatim from (seemingly) random spots around the web.

They’ve been back since, but haven’t made a peep.

1 Like

Bad bot.

No AI candy for U.

Been reading through the thread and am wondering if anyone else uses the Ethos X by Milestone for the Steam Distillated terps? At the previous lab I was at we ran about 600-1000gs of buds/trim (lower amounts on higher quality material and closer to 1000gs for the lesser quality materials). One thing I know with Steam Distillated terps is that they can pull a lot of those hydrosols and sulfur compounds through as well. A super-efficient way to help remove those we found was adding amount a 1:1 ratio of Reverse Osmosis water to Terpene oil. We would then agitate the jars and let the water and terp layers separate before sticking it in our deep freezer for a minimum of 16 hours (just to ensure all water has been frozen). Lastly, we would grab our pipettes and get our refined Steam Distillated terpenes! It makes a very noticeable improvement on not only the flavor and aroma but also can help clean them up visually (not always but have found it to happen with specific strains). I’m sure this process can be used with other terpene extraction methods but have only done it with Steam Distillated terps.

7 Likes