Best method for making nano particles.

Hi all,

I am managing some R&D for a New Zealand company looking to do some study on Cannabis formulations. Wanting to work with THC and CBD in Nano form.

Looking for:

-Long term stability

• <100nm particle size
    -Most Bioavailable

I have been looking at Sonicator’s and Liposome Extruders.

Thanks in advance guys!

Polysorbate, TPGS, maltodextrin, q naturale, or sucrose monopalmitate

1 Like

See that magnifying glass at the top right? Make that your friend.

3 Likes

@WolfeXtracts I have had a good read and have picked up a lot from here, I am looking to refine my decision. It’s April 2020 it can only take a few months for new Tech to come out or old tech to develop in such a way as to give it a new competitive advantage, in fact there is some really exciting stuff being tested now in other cannabis science fields. I have been trusted with a decent amount of capital, best to do some honest background work.

Put it this way, I am comparing Sonicators to High pressure Homogenisers. Got much to say between the two?

We’re in lockdown bro, figured a lot of people would have more time on their hands as usual.

1 Like

Your read time is less than 1 hour…

They’re different tools for different end goals…

You didn’t even give a clear objective or a defined end product. Just particle size, “most bioavailable”…k and “long term stability”…

Sure seems like you’re searching for a spoon, not answers. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

:+1: my man! :smiley:

1 Like

Yep, sometimes it’s easier to ask the specific questions you want opposed to sifting through dozens of semi-relevant topics, especially when you have a dozen of other things that need done. If people ask me questions about things I’m good at, I usually try to help them out and not treat them like the just bowled into my house with their shoes on.

Anyway, you are probably right about not being specific enough, I am not a scientist and have only a basic understanding of pharmacology and physiology.

I want to format cannabinoids into a high concentrate liquid solution (not worried about clarity). I want it to be as bioactive through oral transmucosal delivery as possible and to have maximum stability for a long shelf life. That’s it.

@WolfeXtracts I have been reading a lot on here, I don’t subscribe to every blog on the internet straight away when I come across an interesting article.

1 Like

High pressure homogenizer will give you more options, like working with gum Arabic and modified starches. Can’t use them with a sonicator because they don’t produce fine emulsions that can be filtered - filtration and consumable parts are the biggest issue with sonicators imo. They’re a lot more expensive though.

1 Like

There are tons of companies right now trying to figure out water-soluble methods. I can say I personally have seen 7 companies go bankrupt trying to figure it out. If a person has figured it out, you won’t find the answers in these forums. Honestly, IF they have, the shelf-life isn’t past 10 days before there’s flocculation (if not immediately lol), discoloration (48-36 Hrs), visible diversion, or texture differences. Just letting you know. happy hunting

-CS

1 Like

Dude it’s not fucking rocket science.

My emulsions have minimal taste, are clean label, and minimum 6 months stability.

Edit: @ClearScience I mean how ridiculous of a thing to post. You realize many beverages have some kind of oil based flavoring that is emulsified, right? What’s the shelf life on a can of Pepsi?

2 Likes

k. That’s literally always the case. See, and that’s the thing… Because you “have a dozen other things that need done”…welcome to the club. Kinda comes off like your time is more valuable than ours when you’re not willing to at least try and use the amazing resource of information that has been compiled for us. Round these parts we call that spoon feeding. And there are no other blogs like this one. The users here are highly skilled in their craft and generally very generous with our knowledge… But we don’t give it to every Chad who simply comes in and asks. Burn some time on that search bar looking through the relevant info. Sometimes one even learns extra info doing that!

3 Likes

@WolfeXtracts Okay bro.

Yea… If I lived in the states I’d be able to actually have a physical look around and look into some other similar products for inspiration but we have only just legalized med, our rec referendum isn’t until September. So R&D is pretty tricky here, might have to fly to the states after this Covid-19 and have a geeze, cos geezers gotta geeze.

Thanks for the input!

2 Likes

:joy::joy: but a can of pepsi goes flat in literally 15 minutes… so that’s not an applicable statement whatsoever. They use glycerin to emulsify their product for god sakes, what are you even trying to say? You are out of line! lol happy hunting

They actually use gum arabic. I’m referring to emulsion stability.

Edit: Sudan's gum arabic dealers shrug off strife to tap fizzy drink market | Reuters

“The gum, tapped from acacia trees, is a bonding agent and emulsifier crucial for soft drinks such as Coca-Cola and Pepsi, keeping the sugar from separating and sinking to the bottom of the bottle.”

1 Like