Best LED on the market vs cheaper Amazon options

Should I go with more 315s or 630s?

1 Like

That’s good pricing. Been needing to buy some lights to get a small setup going…

If you can get vertical bulb 315w.

3 Likes

Do any of those have an r12 port? Does the sun system one? What’s the penetration like w those?

Definitely 315 with vertical bulbs as @Medicine.grower recommended.

3 Likes

Check out mammoth. They will probably do bulk pricing. Unsure what your lighting needs are but I really like them.

1 Like

https://growgreenmi.com/luxx-315w-cmh-120-240v-fixture?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoN6nv7e19AIVzB6tBh2TPg_BEAQYASABEgJ56_D_BwE

I already ordered these but in 630 but I’ll change my order if it makes more sense to get 315s… it won’t be vertical tho.

The bulbs are to close in the 630s. The 315 give a better pattern. The bulb itself was designed to be used vertically, I have both and it’s a dramatic difference between horizontal and vertical

3 Likes

Same here i have the sun system vertical 315 and some cheap China vertical and the output is 100-150 more ppfd with the vertical and they are the same bulb.

2 Likes

Would you guys say that the se 600w chps is comparable to the 315 cmh?

With 315s you can get them closer than a 630, as well as better spacing of lights like @Greenleafpro said

What kinda heat do you get from the 315s?

From yalls experience is 2x600 hps approximately equal to 3x 315 cmh.

Are flow through hoods necessary on the 315 as needed on the 600s?

Cmh puts out the exact came amount of btu per watt as hps, but they also have less infra red light so they don’t heat up the leaf as much as hps. You can run your room about 2 degrees hotter then hps and get the same leaf temp.

Like they say a watt is a watt, same goes for led you run your room temp about 5 degrees hotter then hid so that’s where the cooling load reduction comes from.

2 Likes

I run several of my flower bays with the 680’s and I love them. I used one in each 4x4 bay replacing 2 Kind K3 L600’s. Increased yield by about 30%. I just ordered the 720’s to replace the Kinds in three more bays

https://growlightheaven.com/products/growers-choice-roi-e720-led-grow-light?variant=39492453630037&utm_medium=paid&utm_keyword=&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=14464262360&utm_network=u&utm_placement=&utm_source=133394154704&utm_prodid=39492453630037&gclid=CjwKCAiA8bqOBhANEiwA-sIlN0zIe8orwDgB0qL5iu31n4DvGTtcChIahA9mKoYWQf3QQjCM6wQO4xoCaJYQAvD_BwE

4 Likes

After looking at this thread months later I still think your best bang for your buck is alibaba knock-offs. Literally all these lights are the same thing. Socket, power supply and dangly-ass wires. Pick your poison. The cheaper CMHs i’d say you just need to consider operating time. Figure out how many harvests of passable quality you’d need to clear and if you can make your nut (assumingly) within 2 or 3 and the profits would allow you enough to upgrade should the catastrophic happens then there hooray you didn’t blow your nut just to even turn the lights on and ended up profiting. THAT’S BUSINESS, BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

We’ve got 500 threads talking about how the vape factories are all the same. What about the electrical component factories? You can look at the right factories and literally build your own 950 dollar yeezys out of actual materials for less than 20 bucks, how are grow lights different aside from setting on fire (but normally if you know what the fuck you’re doing you can spot the ‘oh my god this will set me and my pretty skin on fire’ parts)

I am saying this as a person who specifically went to school for electronics so if you didn’t earn that piece of paper too…

4 Likes

I thought gavita 1930e was the new top of line led? I did see them on alibaba for half the price as stateside?
I heard gavita has china make their product contrary to them actually producing them.
Any have anyfeed back on the 1930e?

LED lights these days are literally two components. Samsung LEDs and a power supply. Match the components and power output and you literally have XXXXXXX manufacturer’s LED lights. The VAST majority of any sort of light you find will be made out of Samsung semiconductors, the majority already mounted to a board.

And the sugarmakers

All you need is a decent power supply to deliver a constant steady stream and power supplies are manufactured en masse. Ezpz.

These ‘lighting manufacturers’ are just putting together someone else’s parts across the board.

You can normally tell which chinese manufacturer X Y or Z manufacturer uses - generally there’s no difference at all between a lot of them except the frame they’re in and a paint job on said frame

4 Likes

Interesting. I worked at a tv manufacture years ago that did same thing. Same parts differnt names on units

1 Like

There are so few semiconductor plants, especially stateside. I can tell you outside of hardcore boutique work with dudes pumping out lights for 2500 a pop (which the price toooootally does not make sense for) this is par for the course with damn near every decent light. Even 500 a light is overpriced for LEDs these days if you know where to look

Yes manufacturing has went to china. A lot of people dont understand buy 100 get your logo on it. Doesnt make it more american lol

2 Likes