Best LED on the market vs cheaper Amazon options

What’re some of the best options out there? I was looking at this for something cheap…

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08DTN3B84/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=A1SQ4WBP3YQT49&psc=1

I haven’t researched enough to know what makes certain leds superior… but I’m starting up some shit so any recommendations are appreciated. Thanks.

Also if anyone has any leds for sale in NorCal let me know.

Aint we already got a thread or two like this?

What happened with the beans @Rainbowp3nis? You ever get any out to anyone? They sounded killer! Happy holiday’s!

1 Like

Just got back out to Cali but there’s still a fuck load of them. Did you want some? I gotta check my messages but I’ll get them out to whoever wants them. I’m keeping the ones from Florida and growing them out it’ll be my own strain that literally no one else has…no big deal…

2 Likes

I looking for an updated thread on LEDs didn’t see one…

1 Like

I guess the info isn’t as consolidated as I thought. I bet @square_root_pharms and/or @AgTonik could chime in with valid info and I think @sweethemp maybe was selling some leds? I’d take some beans for the stash if you figure it out.

2 Likes

Just like computer chips, there are a limited number of foundry that can make LED. Samsung has some of the best horticulture LEDs rights now. Finding a china made or American resold fixture with top bin diodes from Samsung is your best bet.

3 Likes

I rock these and they crush it for me every run I’ve done with them I’ve yielded over 1.5lbs per 4x4 I run them at 70-80%

3 Likes

I’ve been rocking Meiju and Sinowell LED’s before I couldn’t get stuff from China. I got burnt by Amazon LED’s hyped by the lettuce/tomato/cucumber industry and the fake specs listed.

1 Like

I like the barrinas for the clone/baby racks

2 Likes

That’s the brand! They work for clone/veg, but struggle to get to the 900/1k ppfd for flower. Otherwise, their cost for watts is right on.

2 Likes

I have two of these that I plan to use for my 2’x4’ basil garden.

https://www.amazon.com/LeFreshinsoft-Spectrum-F1000-Dimmable-Samsung/dp/B08MXPTB29/ref=asc_df_B08MXPTB29/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=507604315818&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11681650721515404934&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9022725&hvtargid=pla-1212496078295&psc=1

1 Like

ive got 660 watt lights for 660 dollars shipped. they work great.

1 Like

You’re better off searching alibaba for them and getting factory direct

3 Likes

Decided to go with cmh

7 Likes

I’m getting these with one of their controllers

4 Likes

You’re not going to be upset. I’ve been seeing more and more growers hit 1.5-2 grams per watt with 315 and 630 fixtures.

One of my best runs was 630w 3000k CMH 4’ on center. 8 weeks veg, 8 weeks flower, 2+g/w.

4 Likes

I vote cmh as well, cheaper then led if your on a tight budget. I think I’ll be over 1.5g per watt this run.

2 Likes

If you tried just one LED light, I bet you’d never go back especially.if you like CMH. Its CMH spectrum on steroids.

I am running custom China LED’s. They are 5:1 3500k:660nm. The only tweak I wish I would have done is put 3% 770+nm in there.

2 Likes

What can you get for pricing on customs? I’m actually shopping for a custom supplement bar. This is what I have so far from an American resellers diodes and everything state side.

Pricing would basically be the same ~$225/light * 20 = $4500. We would just remove the uva and add far red. Around 8 diodes of uvb and 8 diodes of far red. Thanks those are the most expensive diodes that exist. Ha.

4 Likes