Best crc media for clear color and max yeild

No name change just adding some new products to the line up

1 Like

We need a W12

2 Likes

40-50g a lb is light in my experience…after running 5 or so kilos of lustermax across a range of material. If the material is really fresh I could see running 40-50. For aged trim, dude will be sorely disappointed at 40-50g a lb. It’s all about bio and parameters…I go up to 80g a lb on some material.

5 Likes

Luster max is the name of one of my teen daughters nail polish I think

3 Likes

I was thinking dome polish for the Mr Clean types…

But you know, shiny hash is nice

Here’s a side by side. W1 on the left, Luster max on the right. Pretty similar, yields were about the same. I recall the w1 yielded slightly more. The luster max was suuuper stable compared to the w1 slab. I initially thought maybe the luster took some terps out that caused the extreme stability but they tasted the same so I wouldn’t know for sure with out a test on it. I stuck with w1 but if I was in a pinch I’d for sure use Luster Max again

11 Likes

This is an interesting counter-intuitive result I noticed during initial trials. Increasing stability made me think it was really digging into the terpene profile but as you mentioned it doesn’t necessarily degrade taste in a way that you would expect.

HA! Now, that is funny! :sweat_smile:

Ya know, I was just over the alphanumerical acronym that didn’t have a specific meaning other than it sounded cool and lab-grade. I felt a direction into how nutrients are marketed in cannabis cultivation was a more approachable name that could express what it’s meant to do. A single media that is easily identifiable to do whatever you want with it.

My internal monologing is always in latin or something like it. Luster Max is short for:
Lustrous - having luster; shining.
Maximus - greatest" or "largest

For short it does have a super cool codename which is LM-APLA :beers::grin:

2 Likes

I was just teasing!

1 Like

I used 25g an lb last time on fire indoor

4 Likes

Luster max 60 grams a p, the clear shit is after 8 tubes.

5 Likes

Yeah, but that was material you had control of because it was your bio…and it was flower.

I ran 50g a lb on indoor fire as well. And you saw how it turned out…darker that I desired. That fire indoor trim hadn’t been frozen before I received it. It has been kept at room temp in the summer.

Your bio was chopped at an appropriate time and then frozen. Proper handling goes a long way.

7 Likes

Touché

4 Likes

Ya the handling of the material is oh so important, this was last yr full term but stored in a 40 degree root cellar. Same amount ran on stuff that was just left where i was did not cone out even close to as nice looking

The lustermax slab needs all the air bubbles got outta it like the W1 slab. The air bubbles will make look in like different color

Ur W1 had the same bubbles trapped in it I’m.banking on u heat it to get all the bubbles out and you’ll have the same color

1 Like

Yea dosages have sooo many variables.

Comparing Grams per lb from one media product to another is only justified by side by sides which there is a bunch available now thankfully.

I’ve established an “error baseline” which I use to alert me when someone is needing to use way to much media.

I used my NorCal shatter facilities to establish that since they get high yields but the resin is so degraded by the time they get their hands on it, they use up to 100-125 grams per LB on material that yields 16% deep dark amber resin. Post CRC its a quality yellow resin that reeks of honey out of the oven.

That being said I’m in talks with a client currently that is breaking that error baseline, so we are looking at their SOP rather than being complacent with a higher than a normal dosage.

are you saying its still dark amber post crc? I got confused at the 16 percent thing. is that pre or post crc and if you have a pre number how much does the crc soak up?

2 Likes

Sorry, I wrote that quick. Its dark amber ran as a control batch without media filtration (Pre-CRC).

It’s 16% and bright yellow post-CRC. A remediation like that is usually 1-2% of yield loss but it can be up to 3% from my tests.

1 Like

i think you offered a discounted sample= please pm me again.

1 Like

Ya the color was the same. The luster was more stable though

2 Likes

What I would like to highlight is that they are both pretty aqua/water color. If you where to dial back the dosage you should start to see differences.

For side by sides I always recommend dialing into a yellow hue resin with Clay A, then using that same dosage on the same material with Clay B.

3 Likes