Best CartMaking Gear Right Now

so I am new but did about a day of digesting this forum and so far I am in love with all the information (ive just been reading all day).

rn my current mission is to start mixing and filling my own carts and if anyone would like to chime in on the best gear in the next categories

So this is what I have so far for what I need

Concentrates to mix: looking at making mixtures of terp sauce and distillate, terp sauce and liquid thca, and just distillate with canna derived terps

Carts hardware : rn I am looking at AVD’s ceramics and QCells (or gcell) all glass. I am not sure what apeture is needed but I am seeing that 2.0 is for the viscious mixtures. I am not sure how vicious my mixtures would be so at the moment I am thinking about just trying both.

update: just seen qbd420s all glass no cotton and interested but im a noob so like i never even tried with cotton to even tell.

Cart filler: so off of one comment on reddit, I ordered the fiftyshot…(wtf was i on) but yeah got here and was introduced to the cart farmer and I wanna try and get the cart farmer 50 now that’s what I wish to fill with. Not sure if they have any autocappers but idk I feel like those may not work with how varying the cart tech is now, but idk imma noob.

Syringe, tips, and vials: now this is my current part. I don’t want any syringes that use silicone lube so I am looking glass syringes at the moment. and 16G seems to be the universal size of needle but ofc any info helps.

update: so its 14G and glass syringe with luer lock seems to be alrght

Also since I am starting out first mixing and experimenting with the mixtures to see what I like, I’m going to be using like 5ml vials to start. Are there any preferences on these (both syringes and vials)? thanks

update: these dont really matter

High Heat Hair Dryer or what? :

update: getting a heating gun as a hair dryer has no control silly me.

and that’s all. I mean i didnt include hotplate because I already hvae one but shit if theres a god hotplate out there that someone thinks makes life easier pls share.

trying to make my process as seamless and easy and automated as possible, the only headache I see is cart screwing.

4 Likes

Search around on this forum man. All the info you need is here.

@cart.farm has the fillers and the carts you need.

Their website will even answer a lot of your questions

5 Likes

indeed doing so, was just trying to spark up some new and updated suggestions.

but stil at the same time searching I got my hands on two wheels :slight_smile:

ur right tho everything is literally here XD. but a post like this helped me get some fresh info on something so I guess t’m making that post for me and for whoever.

Came here to say @cart.farm

The information and folks here won’t steer you wrong.

1 Like

I think you might want a heat gun over a hair dryer.

Hot plate, silicone hot pads, hot bed, everything needs to stay hot.

3 Likes

I think if your first thought is a hair dryer for heat control you may have some light reading to do.

6 Likes

^ ‘hot’ tip

4 Likes

yep. imma delete this, go back to the shadows, and come back with some questions that show development.

thanks all

annnd idek how to delete :upside_down_face:

No deleting things here, you can edit tho.

Just come back and ask questions if there’s something you don’t understand. Maybe you’ll ask a good question that will teach someone else something.

5 Likes

for my specific setup im trying to be as discreet, and quick and efficient as possible for a small sample.

I’m thnking about getting the ardent fx to easily decarb mats. its a bit big but I think the load size will be efficient in the future.

but it looks like its just a mini oven that can decarb my thca crystals easily.

ill hopefully compare with a hot plate in the future hopefully.

edit: dont get the ardent

1 Like

Why not? The shop I purchase at wants me to grab, but now hesitant with your opinon.

sorry for the late reply, but honestly I was looking to get it to decarb concentrates.

i got it and tried and I swear the concentrate didnt change state at all.

may be different for dry bud infusions though.

1 Like

Hello! your post helped me along the way and pointed me to cart.farm. You end up buying/putting together a setup that you like? how did it go? Been 2 years! you’re no longer a noob.

I am going to have to make large scale carts here soon if anyone has suggestions there and as OP would say:

lol yeah been a long time since this post

yeah cart farm is for sure the right direction especially in terms of the filler.

im small batch so I only needed the cf50 and it’s been the driving force behind my crafts.

thankfully everything else is pretty straightforward and around on here a million times and in depth:

1. heat up thc part (either distillate or decarbed thca)
  2. add terps (either fine terps like cdts or bdts or suace or some bho for full spec effects and terps)
  3. mix at appropriate temp and then fill in good hardware.

thanks to this forum and everyone who helped me learn too, been quite and sitll a journey.

3 Likes

If you’re looking for any gear or just need an alternate supplier in case supply chain hiccups happen check us out at www.hedcarts.com. We offer not only top shelf vape hardware but also have a very inexpensive cartridge capping machine that makes sealing the pressurized cartridges a breeze.

Check out the air press here, video as well: High End Dabzation Air Press