best canned butane of 2019?

I used to use power 5 back in the day day but now power 5 does not exsist

i bought some neon 5x and my friends roasted me so hard i became the tiniest perosn in the world i cant believe im telling you guys but yah i tried running it and i actually got some alright stuff but i wont tell my friends

then i bought the whipit 5x in the red box not the ulra one but the other one

and it came out dark

i was told everything from uk is good

im not impressed

does anyone have a reccomendation my slabs keep coming out on the darker end and i know color has to do with product but i also know butane has some to play with this

anyone have reccomendations for better canned tane

i dont wanna buy tanks for 250 niether of 25 lbs sooo im listening all ears

thanks again community your the best!

1 Like

I don’t think the brand/purity of the butane makes that big of an impact on color. If it’s a concern, you could always distill your butane.

Temperature and age of product play much bigger roles in the color of your end product. If you aren’t winterizing or dewaxing already, that is a good step to add. Check out color remediation tek if you want to take things a step further.

5 Likes

Most importantie to find a scentless can
No mercaptans added to the can
Then do the mirror test
Spray Some on a mirror and make sure iT leaves No white powdery resideu
Thats realy tough to get of
And Yes UK cans are best i use newport​:grinning::grinning:
A minimum If 5x refind
Distill before use and be safe

1 Like

Newport 400ml pretty clean, 6 cans distilled not much mystery oil left

3 Likes

I agree with temp and material with color. Prepack your tubes on dry ice the nite before, freeze your tane if you cant distill. Whippit seem to be the goto afor a good friend of mine

The Brit’s know what’s up

2 Likes

IT s one factory that makes god knows how Many brands colibry newport and juliene all outha the same door :grinning:

3 Likes

These guys used to have some bigger cans that were straight Ntane with zero accelerants. Then the world figured out what they were doing and shut em down. They were a white can with a red lid and they were 500-750ml. Great amount for my 2oz open blast tubes from ages ago

4 Likes

colibri

*edit - comes out of the can 80/20 - 70/30 for extra recovery speed

2 Likes

For actually injecting w cans?

Whip it premium hands down, only bottle you can get really Fing cold and it still come out

Colibri , power5, vector all would never go in di chilled past -15to -20…

I can get that tri blend whip it bc has most pressure from propane to go in w old closed column

But I like running BALLS COLD!

3 Likes

I use the whipit premium in my closed column and I am happy with the results. There is an older thread on rollitup that lists the contaminants found in all the leading butane companies and has them ranked. https://www.rollitup.org/t/best-to-worst-butane.897631/ I feel like in general the more expensive the cans are the cleaner they should be. I think the whipit premium is 9x refined

4 Likes

Colibri Makes the best canned butane, hands down.

4 Likes

Well by now we’ve all learned to distill our solvent/blends prior to using them. I guess beware of really cheap Chinese shit with Odorants…

That being said my personal favorites are Puretane and Whip-It Premium North Sea Butane (420ml bogos always available @ butanesource.com)

ButaneSource.com has been a huge help and the site provides MSDS for all products. I think their eBay store takes paypal.

3 Likes

No idea how many reading this might be involved open blasting but those who are should be concerned. I recently bought 4 little cans of butane that are available on-line. Every one of the cans is labeled as containing very high purity n-butane and every single one of the cans tested to be between 50 and 60% butane with the balance mostly being propane and isobutane.

Only one of the cans proved to be properly labeled based on it’s contents. The label describes contents as a “Triblend” of n-butane, propane and isobutane. The other were all low purity and one of the cans even popped for benzene at 14 ppm !

Except for the benzene, I suppose it doesn’t really matter so long as the contents pull oil from the plant, but it really pisses me off when products are knowingly mislabeled and buyers lack the ability to test to verify purity claims. Blasters are the easiest target for this type of bullshit as their extractant does not get tested for anything.

If 20 pound tanks of n-butane are not available to buyers locally, they are certainly available on-line. To date, our testing of the n-butane in 20 pounders shows that some n-butane falls a little short of purity claims, but, even if the contents are only 98% n-butane, the gas is way better.

I’m not going to list the company names on these little cans. We’re collectable for legal actions. Buyer beware.

3 Likes

Yep. As alluded to further up thread.

2 Likes

Take a look at this one… 99.999+%. Turned out to be 65.7%

This is what high purity butane ought to look like:

1 Like

That’s why canned made visibly better product than tanks of n butane.

Propane is the magic ingredient

And some isobutane

And a touch of lube

Yep, can’t skip on the lube…