Benzene in KUSH SUPPLY / KUSH CO / GREENLANE / GAS INNOVATIONS / DIVERSIFIED

These are the COA’s we have received so far; in the process of trying to get COA’s for our GI supplier

Here are COA for the cannagas ntane that I received Thursday after switching from GI. I have 4 samples of this new gas currently being tested and I have a lab coming to my facility tomorrow to test our cylinders directly.

2 Likes

Is your analytical lab using GCMS or HPLC? Just about every single aromatic hydrocarbon(cannabis terps) breaks down into benzenes when heated. We had cannabis terpenes trigger false positives for benzenes several times. As soon as they ran it under Mass Spec they discovered it wasn’t actually benzenes.

“So far the benzene contaminated product was only in this clients product which is also odd as I’ve done tolls for other people and my own brands product that did not show any residuals for benzene. I suspect it was due to possibly individual cylinder not being cleaned properly? Who really knows.”

This makes me think just maybe theres a specific terpene/terpenoid/ester that may be unique to the strains this client has which is triggering a false positive for benzenes. Hope so dude!

7 Likes

cannagas is supplied by west air which is supplied by GI. And it all comes from Diversified OO

3 Likes

7ppm propylene.

My chemist friend says that’s our likely culprit… very few test for it, and he said even at ppb levels we would be seeing issues, let alone 7ppm!

7 Likes

And reading back through it seems these jars do have an odor.

3 Likes

While my problematic gas has the identical coa with propylene in it I suspect more than just this contamination as my solvents boiling point seems to raise. Super wet jars crashing out thca makes me think something with a higher boiling point then butane to be the culprit. I’ll ask my lab to search for propylene thought see what they say. Good info no matter what.

6 Likes

I’ve seen the super wet jars crashing sugar too. Ive seen some that were more than 50% butane that had thca crashing directly from the pour. Been happening for awhile too.

4 Likes

I think HPLC but I will have to check. I now have samples sent across 4 different labs.

I also now have COA of different grows popping for benzene.

The above COA from of 7ppm propylene gas comes from Cannagas of which I have not received back testing for yet. I should have testing back of gas from cannagas later this week.

My suspicion is of individual cylinders not being properly clean as not all product is popping for benzene and i’ve ran all of these materials from these grows numerous times to no issues prior.

2 Likes

True for benzene, I believe the chalky diamond issue to be propylene related. Got my threads mixed up.

2 Likes

This is still interesting though because we’ve been producing thca with the kush supply tainted gas and haven’t noticed any of the chalk issues.

We have not use the canna gas for any diamonds yet but we will be next week.

2 Likes

Have you seen super wet jars crash thc?

Yes via evaporative cooling

Sorry I see I’m chiming in on something random

3 Likes

People who were seeing the chalky diamonds also reported micro thca crashing while still very wet with solvent

Yeah not benzene related but on topic of gas…

:man_facepalming: I’m having trouble keeping the two straight from one another

6 Likes

I think there closely related as it all started happening to us at once. And has never subsided. Never had jars crash out the spout until this whole issue started. Also what ever it is makes the thca that cold crashes out impossible to redisolve in butane, so we no longer cold crash. We used to have to cold crash to get the solvent down to temp to make it easier to work with when letting solvent levels subside. We had issues with jars popping other wise. Now since March haven’t had a jar pop and we go straight from the spout to the jars and cap. Seems what ever it is has a much higher bp then butane.

5 Likes

I use Praxair and have not seen this yet. I Just got a new tank so here’s to hoping. Does anyone know off hand where prax gets their gas from? I will be sending of tests on extracts from the new tank and will report the results back.

3 Likes

Propylene/propene is also a potential culprit as it is slightly polar, making it possible to anti solvent Cannabinoids which are nonpolar. Explains the fast crashing phenomena despite being extremely diluted with solvent. It having a much lower boiling point of -53F would make it hard to detect.

6 Likes

I’ve been saying the same thing.

4 Likes

Weren’t we talking about anti solvents awhile ago when discussing fast crashes?