Benzene in butane

Fucking nailed it there dude. So much more. I will be pursuing ways to gather and contribute data for the cause, whatever the cause may be. I want answers to questions we all have already. I’d love to hear questions about what we haven’t asked yet, different ways to look at issues and such.

There are so many things that I don’t even know that I don’t know yet. I’m a blank slate, ready to be formed by the industry while I bring my own unique energy and ideally do some good along the way.

Of course I’m interested in money, but I value this chance to support the industry as a whole over anything else. Sure, there’s some baggage to unpack, and things that need to be cleared up. How can I not want to make this work? I’ve waited a lifetime and finally got an in to my wildest dreams. You better fuckin believe I’m gonna move mountains to flourish here. After that, onward and upward, wherever the wind blows me. I have much to give the world, and this is it. Better believe change is coming homies!

4 Likes

One of the best decisions your boss ever made was bringing you on board…

Do us all a favor and follow through with everything and every bit of the person you are!

He really needs you…
Tell him to make a new log in, and to use that 1 while you publicly make the announcement that you are taking over his account.
He can help you, and I’m sure is. But he really needs your help there

5 Likes

If you’re looking for questions I have at least 3 to @SolventDirect in this thread that have been ignored.

4 Likes

I just read through your posts looking for some of those questions.

As for semantics and suggesting one doesn’t need to distill, I hate playing the semantics game. Nothing can be un-said about distillation. I can’t change the past. I could try and spin it this way or that, but that’s not what I’m about.

All the regulations and talk of api’s is beyond anything I’m educated enough about to discuss much at this point. I don’t know what to say about it really other than it sounds like we should drop all of those references that don’t directly apply. This industry is confusing enough without muddying the waters with analogous regs from other industries in a sales pitch.

I haven’t been on our other social media yet, but I will in the near future. I want to make sure anyone reading our posts, ads, website, or any other content is getting good information. I’ll throw out a sales pitch here and there, but not here in this thread. Serious topics don’t need pitches, they need good discussion.

10 Likes

Heard. Thanks for taking the time to look and, more importantly,I think I can speak for the majority of the members here in saying that we appreciate the transparency. If you personally need any assistance in your research, feel free to reach out.

10 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Which hydrocarbons would be considered impurities?

Only the finest for my ballpark’s i want them to plump with 99.99 heating them up.

5 Likes

Wtf is ‘less distillation’? Does anyone do two distillation passes? What is less than one?

6 Likes

I’ve been told Cresco does multiple passes

2 Likes

I’ve been researching this and most of them had ~2ppm or less which is the action limit in cannabis testing. This is something interesting I stumbled upon as well:

The FDA says that benzene should not be used in the manufacturing of drug products except in special circumstances, mainly if their use is unavoidable and the drug product makes a significant therapeutic advance. In these cases, benzene levels should be limited to 2 ppm “unless otherwise justified,”

FDA BENZENE ALLOWED FOR HAND SANITIZER

1 Like

Fwiw, a little further interpretation (and everything you’ve said is correct): the 2ppm is based on an assumption of 10g consumption of API per day, which is obviously an extremely high assumption for any drug compound. Where 467 really breaks down is allowable ug per day, so allowable OVI levels are actually generally much higher than the chart. All that said, just because you only have 2ppm of benzene in your solvent (which, FYI, you should not), you may accumulate more than that because I’m sure your solvent purging is designed to remove other solvents such as butane, which may be less volatile than benzene. Also, practically speaking there are very few reasons why it is acceptable to use benzene in drug production. The only one of the class I solvents that I know of being used beyond pilot stage is carbon tet which has very unique properties

7 Likes
1 Like

Hey all,

Just had a hot batch come through MO and tested hot with benzene for the past few weeks. Our bulk supplier is Gas Innovations, apparently airgas customers have seen the same with different bulk suppliers than myself. I just now got down to passing levels after removing all the solvent from system and replacing with fresh batch. My testing is .02-.03 ug/g right now which is good, i am just looking for any suggestions to remove any residuals from my system to get back down to N/D. Any help is appreciated

Heat it up and vent it. :slight_smile: Benzene is VOC - so warm and venting works. You can then do a normal clean (like you always would…).

Did you have COA from the gas from gas innovations (they have an extensive one)? Are you distilling your gas? Are you testing the gas before you use it?

This is only showing up in one batch or many batches?

1 Like

I did not have COAs, getting them pulled and sent on all future tanks. We are distilling our gas but had to direct fill for a short time due to mechanical issues, we do not test gas before we use it, how would I go about getting the tanks tested?

has shown up over a 3 week span of batches, so guessing 1 tank contaminated the system

That’s an interesting statement. Hey @johnbigoilco do you distill your gas before using?

1 Like

my GC5000 went down for a week and wasn’t sure about using my HDU passively, direct filled before getting the SOP to use passively

I do, made no difference

1 Like

Yes we have a whole extra system just for distiling gas. Filter liquid phase going into distiller and gas phase coming out.

3 Likes

Came here to say there’s beneze in the breakdown of cannabis.