Ben from Touch Science

Thank you for your quick response.

If it were able to handle vapor recovery it wouldn’t have positive pressure during. If you put that chiller on your tank and went colder, then put a coil before for heat exchange, you’d recover faster. Like, probably twice as fast and lower temps.

2 Likes

Ive wondered about this, do I need to bury the coil in dry or wet ice? If I chill my solvent prior to the run I can keep the pressure even lower during, but I see what youre saying because I do still have to build a little pressure before recovery really starts happening. Do you think the 50/120 would be able to recover without applying any heat?

Dry ice slurry would be fine for that. Especially if you are using a pump. The vapors come out quite hot. You can take the tank a little colder at that time

Looking for a recirculating heater/chiller for a 5L rotovap and a 2L short path distillation setups.

Thanks

You might use 2 different units. An all in one unit might be a bit costly. You could always score a recirc heater then make your own glycol chiller or use a water chiller for the roto that handles more capacity then what’s needed for an SPD condenser

I have a recirculating heater/chiller all in 1 now, but the chiller isnt working. And finding a repair place near me is hard to find.

Edit

Found one
Dropping it off now

2 Likes

Hi Ben, Does touchscience have a Southern California distributor that offers sales, service, and technical support?

1 Like

Morning
How much glycol should I use in a flan 10/40
Cheers