Been trying to upgrade my setup taking me over 24 hours to run a 5 liter

Can you post a pic of the setup. I think I have an answer

What sleeves have you found work well? I was considering these ones from AI:

I use the chemglass ones.

1 Like

Are you using the CG-116 or CG-136 with gripping rings and ribbed?

That’s waaay to long i do about a1.5 litwrs an hour going low and slow never getting above 195c the whole run. I am 1” from stainless cold trap to glass and only running a single edwards.

1 Like

195c vapor or boiling flask? What size head are you using?

Edit: I’m using 34/45 heads and I honestly don’t know why I get so slow runs, but that’s just how it’s been for me.

Im going with an equivalent to CG-116 because it says that CG-136 only goes down to 1mbar and I’ve gotten lower with cg-116. That being said I’m trying some from two other manufacturers now. I’ll get back with results when they arrive.

1 Like

Packaging or not? Stirbar speed? I can’t get mine to spin faster than 600 rpm, which might have to do with my slow speeds at these temps?

What vacuum pump haveyou got CFM ?

Usually around 800-1350 depending if its totally full. If i have 4500 in ill keep it slower till i pull a few 100mls of crap out then ramp it up. I have also gotten good flow with slow speed, really depends if its 1st pass or 2nd and what kind of stir bar

1 Like

Dual adixen 2021i @ 12.3 cfm each.

I think I need a new mantle, I have 3 inch stirbars both normal and rare earth, can’t still hit more than 600 rpm until tails. It’s quite annoying.

1 Like

Try qhen thw flask is empty, i have one that gates 550 but will go to 1500 if it set it higher than 550

Pic of setup
Stir bar in my findings help but not that time that you spend

Im at 120 micron 1 h-ish into mains. I used some sealing tape on a joint or two where I saw some bubbles. Works great with these sleeves.

@Roguelab
I took a pic, but my connection won’t let me upload it till later tonight.

@Concentrated_humbold
Used the rare earth stirbar now, still can’t more than 450 rpm, but it looks like it’s a tiny bit faster than the run before. I did some extra filtering with t5 this time, might have helped. Not sure. Every run is different for me still.

How many liters is your system?

5 liter. I also noticed some product had made it into the pumps, cause it came out while running the gas ballast.

Try setting it to 650 or 750. You might just be in a bad rpm for the stir bar. Some of mine do the same around 550

I’ve tried and tried, it flies off the path over 25-30% all the time when full. It’s been infuriating, cause it’s spins fine in water at full speed, mostly. Empty it flies off at 30 again.

But once I hit tails it spins at 70%. I’ll try to get it up next run. But I might have to get a new mantle. Everyone with blue mantles seem to be doing fine. :man_shrugging:

Not the bleu the black @Demontrich

1 Like