Bath Bombs/Salts Bioavailability

@CannabinoidChemist That makes a lot of sense. I think it’s unreasonable to expect the CBD/THC entering your body via the skin when dissolving a bath bomb in a tub of water. I actually think it’s really misleading to give consumers the impression that the both bomb will do anything other than make for a nice bath. (Not saying you’re making any claims but there’s a vendor here in Berlin that I talked to that sells a 16 Euro bath bomb and tried to convince me that the 100mg of CBD will create a relaxing effect.)

2 Likes

Maybe his bath bomb does create a relaxing effect, but I can almost guarantee that it’s not from the CBD. Sounds like a scam.

2 Likes

Flushing cannabinoids down the drain. Can we stop already with the Bath bombs and the pillows and the under-dosed products with 1000% mark-ups.

5 Likes

So your vote is for no bioavailability whatsoever? Not even if it was 1,000-2,000mg per bath bomb?

I agree the pillows and CBD aromatherapy are a really, really bad look for the industry, that rabbit hole has made me go nuts a couple times. None of the tinctures my brand makes for humans are under a 10% concentration. So I’m really not trying to mix some bs in with high dose products. Really like your brand by the way.

I am just waiting for someone to come out with a CBD MRE or 35 lb bucket of CBD oats to go along with all this hand sanitizer they have been pushing lately amidst the panic

1 Like

This is what I was expecting, and why I have been holding off on making them for sales.

Very frustrating listening to the reps coming into the CBD stores and pitching BS. Had some dude come in with literal fortune cookies that supposedly had 2mg of CBD in each cookie…

2 Likes

Yeah people pushing these products have no idea what they are talking about. Absorption of cannabinoids through your skin is an uphill battle that you should steer clear of. If you’re looking for an easy mix and sell product look into oil based tinctures. I have posted on a few threads about my work with oil based tinctures and from my R&D with the company I work for these are super easy to make and really effective. Look at Rso juice or soda - #14 by CannabinoidChemist

2mg of CBD is a laughable amount. You gotta eat like 150 cookies to get a real dose off that amount.

3 Likes

Anyone saying a bath bomb cannot have efficacy is misinformed. We have manufactured and sold hundreds of thousands of units direct to customer for years now with thousands of glowing reviews. Just like any topical, it all comes down to formulation.

I can assure you that soaking in a properly formulated bath bomb beats a spot application of most topicals. There are many factors that impact permeation/absorption and it’s impossible to make a blanket statement that topical application does not work. We have customers with very serious ailments that buy bath bombs religiously for their symptoms. I cannot speak on every manufacturer/brand/formulation, but the reviews and repeat purchases speak for themselves.

5 Likes

I do have a few topicals in my line, nothing too crazy but a couple of them are unique and have given some people relief with their skin conditions. I am most interested in creating some sort of msm pain cream next, don’t really mind the uphill battle I would just need a product that works to reverse engineer

Why reverse engineer?

The company I work for makes a topical that actually allows the cannabinoids to penetrate the skin. Its amazing and gives real results in minutes. We also make other topicals that seem to work but its really the base that is giving the soothing feeling. The distillate added is basically being rubbed on the skin and doing little to nothing in the way of helping. If you’re looking to make a pain cream that actually works you’re going to need to make nano-emulsions that will encapsulate the cannabinoids and allow them to penetrate the skin. What skin conditions are you treating with your topicals? This guy at work has psoriasis and he made a cream with RSO that seemed to help a lot.

Fun Fact Rick Simpson first made RSO to rub on his skin for his skin cancer.

1 Like

You’re drinking your own kool-aid dude, anyone who has a clue as to how topical absorption and human anatomy works understands that even a megadose bath bomb is going to have poor bioavailability, your customers glowing reviews do not Trump hard facts and science. Sorry

4 Likes

It helps to see what works for others. I.E. nerolidol or some other terpene, instead of trying hundreds before finding one that works

It’s hard to say sometimes if the relief comes from the actual CBD or the ivy, aloe, or arnica in the topicals. I have heard good things recently about nano topicals

You can absolutely make a therapeutic skin product without nano delivery! it’s great for one reason: Nano works as a permeation enhancer and helps in lowering the amount of oil to get a proper therapeutic effect, without it you’ll be battling tackiness and people just don’t like that feeling.

you need a lot more than an ingredient list to get a marketable product- there are a lots of small details and ratios that need to be worked out to make sure it is Something people are going to want to use repeatedly.

Keeping a homogenous mix stable and maintaining the correct texture is also not just like baking a box cake- it’s gonna take some practice like anything wkse

3 Likes

So… the relief should not just come from one ingredient

If you wanted that just blend some isolate with DMSO and some base cream and call it a day

No one will buy it though

2 Likes

Topical application does not require transdermal absorption to be effective. There are many studies that prove this. But, clowns will be clowns :clown_face:

1 Like

Go ahead and post your bath bomb studies, it’s a fad product and akin to infusing cbd into yoga pants.

2 Likes

There are numerous studies on topical administration of cannabinoids. A bath bomb is a full body topical.

I have personally sold your products, in both dispensary and hemp CBD store settings.

Are you manufacturing both in the same facility? I have a friend here in Southern California who has a licensed facility with a CO2 extractor and they have asked me if i want to rent a space in it to make my hemp products.

We have separate facilities. Hemp and licensed mfg in CA cannot be done on the same premises. If they have multiple suites in the same building or a way to subdivide it may be legally permissible. The BCC/CDPH is very strict on these types of separations.