Basic Extraction Help

If you do what @soxhlet said to regenerate your bead and they end up being bad you can buy some from deltaadsorbents.com

When I was running a closed loop I would regenerate my beads after every run by heating up the column holding the beads with a heat rope and pushing nitrogen through then for 10 minutes or so.

I’d also change them out completely after 7-10 runs.

2 Likes

yea that heat rope stuff is legit. I use it for all sorts of stuff exactly like this. If your good you can do really useful things with just that heat tape, a thermocouple and a pid controller that are really not complicated and much more accurate then most equipment. I find people assume their equipment is accurate far too often especially with heat cause u cant measure the heat of something without touching it and most equipment takes measurements from where ever they can fit a thermocouple which isnt optimal. IR touchless thermometers are great but people often use them incorrectly or assume they r more accurate then they are. that’s y u hav to know how to measure everything. including how verifying the accuracy of ur equipment.
Luckily most sensors are very simple and boil down to the same electrical components. which is y PID’s have so many uses.

3 Likes

Is there quick easy way to wash terps,I have some that the terps are awful, we didn’t test the strain before making, the thca crystals are huge though, I’m sure if I separate the reintroduce w some good terps it would be much better

2 Likes

Buchner funnel with a filter paper. Fill with extract to wash. Using super cold alkane, soak extract, mix lightly, pull vac to suck alkane and terps through filter. What’s left should be relatively clean, repeat if necessary

7 Likes

Man thank you, will ever clear 190 work or do I have to get pentane, I only have about 5g crystals, completely dried off just stained yellow, how long do I soak, do I pour or use spray bottle thanks so much

1 Like

I’m a thread you were saying Sugar is a pretty close step to being crystal ? With cold/hot alkaline … mind Elaborating a bit for me in that I didn’t quite understand it … please sir

1 Like

We talking about washing the Crystals clean of terpenes right there bro, you may be confused if no I think I can help you there too

1 Like

They were referring to Sugar is a step away from being thca crystal. With alkaline I believe. Not sure if it’ll wash terpy aways or just purify it more ? I was co fused just what he was saying

2 Likes

Correct but at that moment we was talking about washing them then resaturation to regrow single crystals I thought, I tend to be wrong though bud, might wanna double check with them

1 Like

Take look at the Sugar under a microscope. you should see tiny crystals.
nucleation == has started to crystallize.

As far as the wash and crash goes, I’ll leave that to @future to elaborate on or link to.

3 Likes

Yeah I think I was getting where he answered my question crossed with another, my apologies good sir

Definitely sugar nothing but small Crystals, absolutely

1 Like

I took this and ran with it since I had just done a bunch of trash runs. Low and behold between you and the dryer I knockedout the problem. Thank you for the input. I appreciate it so much.

4 Likes

yes we will be running -80c mterials

I use filter dryer from Xtractor Depot. I recently started having random sugar problems in my life resin runs now. Sometimes it seems like I can’t win. That and these are costly errors.

1 Like

Do you have hemispherical end caps on it?

1 Like

Yes, yes as a matter of fact I do…

1 Like

I’ve been battling the sugar too i feel you haha been trying not to blame the ovens. Using best value 1.9s usually I use AIs. Going to distill some fresh gas replace my sieve beads and see if that helps at all

1 Like

Even with best value ovens i don’t have problem with sugaring. Not even if i run solvent that was recovered without going through drier

2 Likes

you might have thca crystals forming in a valve somewhere in your extractor, that is often the cause of sugared runs.

check this out

4 Likes

I’m fixing to expand it and go a tad larger with a rack. It’s was a live run that did it. Always ticks me off when it happens. Thank you all for the time to respond

1 Like