Basic Extraction Help

I wanted to take a minute and see what everybody else’s answers are to product sugaring with no agitating and no moisture “preset” to cause it.
I’ve been doing basic BHO closed loop extractions for a couple years now and here recently I have ran into a major issue with product sugaring in the oven on day one. I had to dismantle my storage tank and do some work but it pressure tested fine . I changed the only other variable which I thought would be my drier. But now even then I’m back to fully dumping and scrubbing my storage tank and starting over with fresh everything again.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all in advance.
M1st3r313

1 Like

do you run any fresh frozen material?

1 Like

Not many lately. I’ve even tried epson salting the runs with no luck.
Thank you for the response.

Some strains will naturally sugar, are you sure it is moisture that is causing your problems? Most sugaring I have seen is nucleated cannabinoids.
Does it sizzle when dabbed?

2 Likes

Tell me about your oven. Is the sugaring in the same place on the shelf every time? It could be uneven heating.

5 Likes

No, no sizzle when dabbing. Thank you for reaching out

It’s a BVV 1.9 with a 9cfm ai vacuum pump. I’m in Cali at sea level.
Sorry for short responses, I’m researching also. No luck but researching all the same.

Is it always on the same place on the slab/shelf?

1 Like

Was the mgso4 anhydrus? Was it dried prior to use?

1 Like

I’ve found it starts on the edges normally by then I cut it out and pray. That’s getting old though because I’m trying to secure larger contracts with security of them dropping it off and getting it back like they asked

Primarily yes, I do occasionally get wet material but I’ll let it dry first.

if you do not clean run gas after fresh frozen runs, you will have residual H2O in your solvent the next time you use it.

3 Likes

No, I was asking if your salt you are using to absorb moisture is anhydrous. Do you bake it prior to use?

2 Likes

For the risk of sounding more noob, no. I haven’t baked it first.
I’m listening. Please explain

2 Likes

I can see that but I get basically crude. I have a couple nice contracts but mostly crude.

1 Like

@shadownaught sounds like this guy might need to dry out his tane with some of your beads

5 Likes

Elaborate please. I’m listening.
I’m running a XD 5 # columns, 14 x 10 in upper with a 10 x 10 jacketed collection pot with filter drier and 2 coils before the tank.
I’m just tired of screwing up runs or thinking it’s me when it’s the product.
I had a partner, I asked for help, he left and went and did his own thing after I processed all his material for him. I’ve tried to weed out the bullshit and isolate the facts on other pages but I’m new and I have no formal experience to speak of. I’ve built everything I have from nothing at all and I honestly hate to lose it all after all of this.
Thank you for any help, or insight. I really do appreciate it. Blessings to all of you.

Technical Questions:
Are you using solid shelves or racks in the oven?
What is your oven protocol (heat, vac, time etc)?
Are you doing any lab testing?

Marketing Question:
If the wax is clean, properly purged and tasty, why is the sugaring such a bad thing?

6 Likes

When you bake it it removes the water, therefore it can absorb water. It is useless with out drying.

4 Likes

Make sure your filter dryer is good/ still dry. We use molecular seive beds to remove excess h20 in our closed loop processes.

6 Likes