Balling on a budget, name of the game. Vapor push.

Trying to set up a vapor push thru a refrigerant manifold. Help? Have a recovery pump and a simple hot cold 20lb tank.

Currently have a system with inline coils and want to setup a vapor push with tube top recovery. Have refrig manifold. Is. 2 hot and cold poets and two middle ports.

One middle of the ports is a schrader (is bike pump tiyree valve with a T split. Help?

Photos pls

1 Like

Sounds janky :grin:

11 Likes

You will need two gas tanks. You need a separate one for hot vapor.

draw or photo your system.

Thinking I got it worked out. I split the the recovery line into a T running one end to the top of the tube with a valve inline for the vapor push . Then another T at the top of the line with a valve inline for recovery. Is it going to compromise my product to top recover directly into the collection pot?

Cheers

Update time: Been running the system with very good results. The top T system as a manifold with shut off valves worked like a charm. Felt so great the first time I was able to get a full soak and then vapor push the entire column. Also with the shut off valves and T on T system I’m able to do a top to pot recovery for the tube. So far no bad terps sneaking into the oil with a decent recover percentage on saturated material. Wanting to upgrade to 4x48 tubes and a longer inline chiller coil if anyone has or knows of one available.

Happy Extracting,
Jedi

Cheers

I would love to see a picture of your setup. This is a place of open source and a picture is worth a thousand words here. The brilliant minds here (I’m not one of them but I find myself smart) will tell you everything you want to know or give you ideas you’ve never thought of just by looking at your setup. I’m not trying to be a dick but if you’re asking for advice on a set-up a picture really is worth a thousand words.

It sounds so much like an incarus bi directional cause of the talk of a manifold and it sounds like there’s no dewaxer.

2 Likes

Wasnt sounding like he is asking for advice at all.

1 Like

I have extra 4 in columns i can sell

1 Like

Will post a picture up soon. Ive been out of the lab for a bit due to the Corona as well as I fractured my foot skating a couple weeks ago. I was able to find some 4x48’s local so I picked them up. Next step is a spool to increase my head space in the collection pot to run them.

Cheers,
Jedi