Badder to Cart tech

prv? what does that stand for?

1 Like

what are you doing to decarb under positive pressure? just seal like rosin? after purge

pressure relief valve. Read the threads that zizzle posted above. plenty of spoons contained within

3 Likes

That will be a game changer for sure. Iā€™m working on a similar project. No decarb is the future.

Id try to sell yours too if youā€™d allow me lol.

Yours sounds much different than mine. Prob better lol Iā€™m not hating at all. Your gonna crush it.

Theyā€™ve existed for a long time, remember when ā€œwaxā€ started becoming popular? Whipped heat purgedā€¦like 2004-2005 maybe?

They had devices with coils, a little ceramic cup and like an outside aluminum sleeve. 1st was one single temp then variable voltageā€¦button that lit up.

Most of them just way too damn hotā€¦and thatā€™s b/c the engineers come from a nicotine juice mindset/background

They think to achieve high vapor production you need high coil temp or power output. High temps ruin the taste of good oil.

I think most of those designs failed b/c they leaked all over the place (bogus design), way too hot, and ppl were loading garbage oil into the device.

It has to be a full melt product or clean sauce diamonds etc, no fats, waxes, lipids, chlorophyll, none of that. nothing left on the banger if you were to dab it.

If it has any of those mentioned unwanteds present it once heated up over and over it will taste like that familiar burnt ass hair we all dislike.

Full melt sho is different, diamonds and clean sauce fraction is differentā€¦no fats waxes lipids etc but crc trash wonā€™t taste good heated over and over.

Crc sucks. Lol

s/o to @qma though. I have a feeling his design is going to be a big deal. Iā€™m happy to catch some crumbs with my device. :nerd_face:

Bruh.

2 Likes

Sure, '05 is too early for me but I had a little cheap enail when I started getting into wax around 2017. Got an electric necter collector not too long after that, but these days I just go for the glass rig or carts cuz Im lazy. I have an ispire daab but it just doesnt smack like the og glass rig does and it kind of sucks to clean so I dont use it too much. I was referring to carts in that comment, I havenā€™t seen a fillable, cost effective solution for solid concentrates that could replace carts (yet). When I make carts for myself I usually donā€™t worry about decarb, I just spin off the sauce, cart it, and save the sugar for dabbing or putting in my joints :sunglasses:

1 Like

It may have been like 2008 maybeā€¦but def by 08 they were out here ā€¦ Hand held small device ā€¦you could put like maybe 1/4 gram in the cup. Oil to coil.

Far as replacing carts no not that device. They were multi use. I liked what came a few years later.

That glass globe with the coil white ceramic cup. Iā€™ll try find a few pictures of what Iā€™m talking about.

I canā€™t seem to find the earlier device Iā€™m talking about. It was a small maybe 0.25g capacity bucket with a coil at the bottom, housed inside an aluminum sleeve.

reusable, re loadable :muscle: postless wickless is best imo

Im guessing something like this or a sai

2 Likes

ā€¦a whole new 510 system specifically engineered to prefill with a gram of SOLID premium concentrates like Diamonds & Live Resins crumble/waxes/batters.

2 Likes

Looks pretty similar to the cheap globes, just vertically oriented

I will be surprised if crystalline thca vaping becomes anywhere near as popular as liquid thc vaping. More power/heat is required to decarb and that exposes the remaining product to residual heat and o2.

Nope. Itā€™s not. May look like it but itā€™s not. You can load more than one dab at a time in these. Very different.

1 Like

we do it in a jacketed diamond miner or our little 5L SS reactor, depending on batch size. so yeah itā€™s gonna need to be a sealed vessel and we put the THCa in there, seal it up, pull a vacuum, then backfill with N2 up to about 5psi.

Usually around 180-200F for us so it doesnā€™t take forever.

1 Like

Iā€™m intrigued.
how are people filling these, at any sort of scale though?

Iā€™d hazard that for sauce they pulverize their thca to sand, and then use volumetric scoops to measure sand into the carts. Then they would most likely dispense their hte fractions the ole fashioned way (liquid dispensers)

Id further hazard that with badders, rosins (anything creamy) theyā€™d use calk gun style metered syringes.

Finally, using cakey extracts (like dry rosin and crumble) I would guess partial (or split decarb) and a solid mix (or re-integration) using a high torque mixer

1 Like

That looks like a ceramic donutā€¦those came out like 5-6 years after the device im speaking of.

The one in my mind had like a wire coil in the bottom. Similar design as that just different heating element.

And its housed in an aluminum sleeve/case. Single button in the middle that lit up. Might have been 3x click to turn off and on.

Rechargeable, charger point looked similar to headphones plug.

Iā€™m talking way back.

That ceramic donut is a blast from the past too though. :grin: Lots of memories coming back thinking on these.

Thatā€™s the concept of some of the Sai atomizer coils/buckets. While these are beefier & typically run off a vape mod aside from their EZ Sai, itā€™s old tech that companies were running for years beforehand in AIO devices.

3 Likes

I shouldā€™ve asked differently.
How would you fill these at scale, at a comparable rate to liquid filling*
Iā€™m sure I could figure out how to fill them, but can it be done at a rate that isnā€™t painstakingly slow?

this is what I was picturing and good lord that sounds tedious

good olā€™ repeater syringe? like a cart farmer or something different?

Yeah know them well too, but again, these are one-dab-at a time, not a grams worth at a time. Thatā€™s really the main difference here.

1 Like