Badder consult

Skrrrt. Not my area to consult unfortunately. Try the search bar (lil magnifying glass dohiky top right). Good luck bub.

i see a lot of guys recommending drill with a dab tool but would this not be better ? 100 W Lab Electric Overhead Stirrer Mixer Variable Speed 0-3000rpm | VEVOR CA

2 Likes

I think the drill just makes it easier to handle and clean. A simple $20 Walmart drill will do the job

4 Likes

thanks .i was thinking on scale it may be good ? i do about 4 to 5 kilo pours daily that’s a heck of a lot of whipping for the guys to do lol this wont kill them but will make them stronger lol

1 Like

@CuriousChemist22 has a nice drill attachment with a lid on it to mix in the bigger jars maybe he can share some pics

2 Likes

@CuriousChemist22 id appreciate that immensely @Waxplug1 thanks for the help !

Also @TwistedStill has some awesome tools that he makes that would certainly help you out. Out of everything I have seen he has the best tools being offered, and I would have no worries of strapping any of his tools to any device to help whip it up!

1 Like

Yeah, I’m really just rocking a standard Jiffy mixer attachment, because they make stainless steel mixing blades that I thought would work well for our purposes. With a tight grip they go into just about any chuck you can fit them in.

As for the lid I actually recommend going with a nice piece of stainless steel cut to fit loosely in place of the standard jar lid so you can still use the retraining ring. Make the hole in the center maybe 3/4-1" in diameter so you can have some room for play in the center.

If you do use a jar lid you at least need to remove the coating from the inside of the lid and even still best to avoid riding against the lid or the jar itself.

The important thing to note is even a Jiffy mixer attachment relies on about 4 spot welds which are still reactive in the presence of terpenes and cannabinoids so it’s important to clean before storage and if you were going to use one on a continuous process it’d be recommended to have a step of the process be to swap out and clean attachments every few hours or so.

11 Likes

much appreciated! im gonna give this a go !

My filter plate has a couple spot welds in it. No buano?

My welding understanding is remedial at best, but it looks like stainless steel is welded together with a stick of stainless steel. That would explain why noone has ever mentioned it being a problem. The welds on this jiffy blade are clearly not stainless steel lol

5 Likes

With a simple stainless flux core welder with stainless flux core wire and your golden. Easy.

I understand the getting to this texture. After which you have to reach at least 110? for it to dry up? How are you guys applying the heat?