Bad consultant experiences

And what was I commenting on on the YHchem thread?

Feed temps.

Thank you.

1 Like

!

This is off the glass VTA.

Theres a reason Iā€™ve always pushed VTA,

Although helderpads and the new lab society 2 stage Iā€™m sure could do the same thing.

@magisterchemist hits over 99% on a wiper in 1 pass with his SOP no terpene strip which is really good

3 Likes

Show one that high for CBD dist. From industrial hemp crude. THC crude is not the same for numerous reasons.

But I didnā€™t doubt it can be done, what were weā€™re discussing is at that potency it not crystallizing rapidly. Show pics as well

2 Likes

Not sure If they can but this has gone way off topic, maybe someone can move it to the yhchem thread or another?

4 Likes

#catfight

7 Likes

I feel like its impossible to not go off topic on here anymore lol

Too much to talk about

Iā€™m probably the worst at bringing up random stuff in a thread lol

3 Likes

For THC, I couldnā€™t even see it pumping at the 60-80C they recommended. I mentioned I donā€™t run the YHchem parameters, Iā€™m sure if we ran the same crude youā€™d see weā€™d hit the similar enough numbers.

Thatā€™s the biggest thing is crude, as a toll processor we see everything.

2 Likes

Thats where me and you differ, I always make my crude so I have control on that part.

Pardon my French but I bet you get some fucked up shit lol

Do you get alot of warm ethanol crude?

Thatā€™s the worst IMO, especially for color

Yes, all the time. But less now, thankfully. Still most hemp extractors do not make any effort to remove stem and other random crap from the super sacks. They overmill and soak to long. We work with one that does a good job here though. CO2 sucks overall

3 Likes

The one thing Iā€™ve found about cbd ethanol crude is the color cleans up alot nice than thc. ( through distillation, no scrubs)

Maybe itā€™s because CBD boils easier and you can use a lower temp,

I swear man warm extracted thc crude will come out red unless I liquid liquid.

Not CBD.

You ever notice anything like this?

1 Like

Yes, Unless heated in solution, especially basic ones but literally any solvent, it stays naturally very light colored even with excess heat. CBD goes to Thc and other isomers before it can go to all the colored crap you see from THC

Iā€™ll edit this to clarify, it does still darken compared to starting with heat and over time if kept as a gel with heat but much less then THC. It darkens(usually orange) almost immediately in any solution but some solvents quicker then others.

1 Like

I extract warm cbd all day. Scrub pre distil. Beautiful color. Need to get s VTA tho. Canā€™t adford one for a beaker and wrench

Once you run a VTA youā€™ll understand. Itā€™s like driving a Ferrari, nothing compares.

For 130k more then beakers it better be

I hear VTA has a 2 stage 6 inch for 290k

I was wrong

No way. Single stage is like 275. My old lab just bought one

Could have been misinformed

So ya I was correctly informed. My 6ā€ beaker was 150 out the door

Call VTA and ask. My buddy isnt a BSer Iā€™d believe what he says.

Oh I thought it was saying their 6 inch was 270. Their 2 stage 6 inch stainless is 270? Interesting

Supposedly, I cant confirm but like I said Iā€™d believe my buddy. If you could really get a 2 stage VTA for that it would be a steal.

How long till you get the beaker and wrench?

1 Like

3 weeks or so