Background information about this group Mile High Labs

Anyone on here based out of Denver, Colorado? Have you guys heard of Mile High Labs?

They have employed a gentleman by the name of Cody Kerstiens, I am not sure if he is the same person mentioned in the article.

I’m in Denver, I’ve definitely heard of them, good things in general.

How do you know they employ this guy?

Definitely know of them, They recently purchased a 400,000 square foot pharmaceutical production facility in Broomfield, Colorado

4 Likes

Is Cody not one of the guys who pioneered sauce?

1 Like

I was introduced to him through a third party for a potential buyer of thc-free broad spectrum crude oil. He provided me with his name and I did a google search.
He gave his company email address and it has the @milehighlabs.com, so I am assuming he works there.
It could be a different person with the same name. However, the crime happened in Colorado so I wanted to check with the community.

I have a good working relationship with @MileHighLabs who also happens to be a Level 3 certified slanger. I toured their previous facility, have secured multiple deals between my farmers and them, and have never had a bad experience with them

3 Likes

A lot of big names in the industry were involved in that sting.

2 Likes

Thank you for providing that information, I just wanted to double check. Not trying to tarnish anyone’s name, it just showed up on a quick search.

They are also getting sued by a ton of people right now FYI

for what?

1 Like

for what? thats the first I’ve heard that.

We bought 100 kilos of isolate from them a while back. They’re definitely the global leader in hemp manufacturing right now, both GMP and ISO 9001 certified - I haven’t encountered another company that would even be considered a competitor to them at this point.

3 Likes

Funny thing about the hemp boom.

It put a lot of money into the hands of get rich quick schemers, and a lot of those people invested their money into lawyers who are now being used to sue everyone under the sun for various reasons.

I am currently in the midst of dealing with a lawsuit by farmers who were asking me to pick seeds out of their hemp so that they could sell them to other farmers, I didn’t do that because I didn’t have time and it was not a part of the agreement that we made- the seeds that they did manage to sell had a 10% germination rate and destroyed several farms fields.

Now the farmers are suing each other, and me, and it’s a fucking living breathing nightmare of fuckery.

Another businessman approached me to make D8 for him and he wanted to label it as “extreme CBD” and not mention anything about THC on the label, I advised against this as he was taking a grey area substance and turning it into a black area product- intentionally mislabeling a product is not only unethical but illegal under many laws- I background checked and learned that he had been convicted of 2.3mil worth of Medicare fraud only two years ago.

Get contracts. Get them crystal clear. The hempsters are also often times fraudsters.

11 Likes

Pretty sure hamp derived D8 is still pretty grey

4 Likes

Sounds to me you did them a favor by not enabling them to sell more sterile seeds

D8 is explicitly listed as schedule 1 in the federal controlled substance act. And many states also list them.

Florida’s CSA literature for THC follows:

Tetrahydrocannabinols.—Any tetrahydrocannabinols naturally contained in a plant of the genus Cannabis, the synthetic equivalents of the substances contained in the plant or in the resinous extracts of the genus Cannabis, or synthetic substances, derivatives, and their isomers with similar chemical structure and pharmacological activity, including, but not limited to, Delta 9 tetrahydrocannabinols and their optical isomers, Delta 8 tetrahydrocannabinols and their optical isomers, Delta 6a,10a tetrahydrocannabinols and their optical isomers, or any compound containing a tetrahydrobenzo[c]chromene structure with substitution at either or both the 3-position or 9-position, with or without substitution at the 1-position with hydroxyl or alkoxy groups, including, but not limited to:
(I) Tetrahydrocannabinol.

Washington state’s controlled substance act also explicitly lists d8 and d6a10:

30)(i) Tetrahydrocannabinols, meaning tetrahydrocannabinols naturally contained in a plant of the genera Cannabis, as well as synthetic equivalents of the substances contained in the plant, or in the resinous extractives of the genera Cannabis, and/or synthetic substances, derivatives, and their isomers with similar chemical structure and pharmacological activity such as the following:

(A) 1 - cis - or trans tetrahydrocannabinol, and their optical isomers, excluding tetrahydrocannabinol in sesame oil and encapsulated in a soft gelatin capsule in a drug product approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration;

(B) 6 - cis - or trans tetrahydrocannabinol, and their optical isomers;

(C) 3,4 - cis - or trans tetrahydrocannabinol, and its optical isomers;”

B is the old nomenclature for d8 and C is the old nomenclature for d6a10a.

Unfortunately there is no legal grey area for d8. Law enforcement doesn’t give a shit about the farm bill’s contradictory language on hemp derived tetrahydrocannabinols. They are here to enforce not interpret.

Sources:
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0800-0899/0893/Sections/0893.03.html

https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=69.50.204

3 Likes

Bunch of cali boys in for a surprise

5 Likes

It’s almost like a formerly illegal business is filled with crooks and criminals. People view the old days with rose colored glasses but this industry is filled with as many criminals as it is people trying to make a better life.

8 Likes

They’re are exemptions to 7370, the drug code in the csa that makes delta 8 illegal

The CSA talks specifically about marijuana not hemp which is legal now.

Delta 8 is an isomer of cbd

2 Likes

Interesting read, thanks for that.

Does anyone know whats going on in Kentucky, just came across this one:

2 Likes