Baby bunny

My dog was whining at the back door last night so I went to let her out and saw a little fluff ball on my patio!

Going to go searching for more after work today, can’t be just one of em. I’ve got 3 females and one male rabbit in my yard so it was bound to happen.

6 Likes

Is that going to be snake food?

4 Likes

Probably in a few months. There are 4 all white baby bunnies total. Only one has started exploring, but that means they’re already about 3 weeks old and I’ve been oblivious to them until now.

5 Likes

Their poop can be used as direct compost. It’s not too hot.

5 Likes

Absolutely, I’ve even grown pothos in straight rabbit manure no soil!

1 Like

Apparently one of the bunnies has only one eye

4 Likes

give the lil guy some medical leaves see if he improves.

1 Like

Pretty sure Mama will eat them before the babies. I did notice one of the others was starting to eat the hay.

1 Like

Am I a psycho for raising rabbits to feed my snakes? They will be put down humanely with CO2 and I treat them well until they get big enough. No different from any other farm animal, right?

Reason I ask is because I brought one of the little guys to the gas station this morning to get my daily caffeine fix. While showing it off, I was asked what I’m going to do with all of them. I was honest, and I got looked at like I’m Hitler. I was told I’m “sick for loving up on that cute bunny when I’m going to kill it.” I explained about the humane euthanasia as well as the circle of life/it’s no different than the chickens we eat and still I’m the worst person in the world.

It is a breed of rabbit specifically designed for the meat industry, raised in an ethical manner. It should be proud that it gets to fulfill it’s purpose, I doubt I ever will!

Sorry for the rant, I just don’t get how sensitive some people are.

2 Likes

Not at all what I was saying

I don’t know about that part lol

1 Like

Sorry that wasn’t directed at you @raghanded I know you were simply asking

1 Like

don’t think it makes you a psycho its a similar analogy could be made with beef raised for human consumption or chicken breeding for crocodile food in the Philippines. everything has to eat just boils down to your beliefs . Amish have a interesting view on animals “tools to be used provided by god”.

1 Like

Man these things grow (and multiply) quick!

There’s 18 rabbits in my fluffle, with 2 more litters incoming. Giving everyone a break after that until late spring. Not that you could tell it’s winter, today’s high is 78

No way at all. I used to breed red tails. We raised our own rats. So much cheaper. I kust got one left

2 Likes

I had rabbits when I was a kid. The mom’s were notorious for killing their young.

1 Like
1 Like

I haven’t experienced this yet with the rabbits, but I have heard and with rats and mice I’ve absolutely seen it. These rabbits aren’t very maternal though, it’s survival instinct in a weirdly logical way: If they are never around the nest then predators can’t kill them all at once. The moms only nurse twice a day.

1 Like

Dang dude, how big them snakes??

2 Likes

3 Likes

Hahahaha, so this has always been a funny conversation to have with others, the answers always vary.

Do bunnies/ rabbits have feet or paws?

That exact question started a 5 hour argument at my in-laws one day.

Also that’s a beautiful snake!

I had a double take cause I just noticed the iridescent on the bottom photo as well :heart_eyes:

2 Likes