AXIOMM uGOO

HI HEY HELLO,

So whats in this u GOO stuff anyone have any idea?

Im betting its a simple mix of 1 or 2 emulsifiers and some orange coloring…

1 Like

I contacted them out of curiosity, had a convo, but didn’t seem promising.
Very vague.

I have been using uGoo successfully for months now, processing nano emulsions. Happy to discuss and share.

In need of a turnkey surfactant with preservative and monkey proof. It has been reliable and consistent results. I have achieved particle size 10-50nm and very stable emulsions.

3 Likes

do they share a full list of ingredients with customers?

2 Likes

Ingredients or bust.

1 Like

Well you have to, we are a cGMP manufacturer and offer a MSDS for everything we make. So it will be listed there and in a statement of ingredients.

1 Like

I am a big fan of the Axiomm uGOO! Very smart guys with solid tech. This is their liquid in water pictured crystal clear. A 4-minute onset and tasted awesome. I have tasted their base, masked and flavoured and they have that down pat.

The main scientist was a chip designer at RIM/Blackberry and the final product is very stable. I have seen it after 6 months and no separation. Andrew is a straight-up guy that has had people reverse his tech so he is cautious. It is not even that expensive but offers a turn key product as stated. It works and clients like it.

water emulsion THC|375x500

I can’t speak to the ingredient part, I know he is pretty tight with that but tries to work with clients when possible on this so they are compliant.

The question is do you want to take the time and expense to figure it all out or sell it as a add on that is just pure profit. If you have the tech great, likely not the product for you, but if you are looking for more ways to sell distillate, uGOO works for me.

I see it like ScotchGuard was in the auto detailing industry. You buy a can for next to nothing, apply it to a customers car and charge a great mark us because the product worked and clients were always happy.

It’s like stupid expensive.

16kg of q-naturale costs $500 for reference.

Edit: also, making clear nanoemulsions is easy. Most likely won’t be clean label though, but I’m pretty sure uGoo isn’t either. Just use sucrose monopalmitate and lecithin.

Edit 2: added a photo of 50mg/mL nanoemulsion concentrate made with SMP/lecithin. When you add this to a beverage it’s like nothing is there.

8 Likes

@munkdooligan - thank you for that info! I agree, uGOO is nutty expensive and frankly unusable if you’re required to identify ingredients on your label.

What equipment and brand are you using to reduce particle size - sonification or sheer mixer or?

What equipment /brand are you using to reduce particle size and homogenize - sonification?

I use sonicators.

We have a sonomechanics BSP1200 for large batches and a Hielscher up200ht for R&D.

2 Likes

yeah if i cannot tell my customers exactly what they are putting in their body it’s not going on my shelf. Mystery products are for people who don’t care about their custies only $

2 Likes

Exactly. Plus @Rowan posted papers showing sonication leaches heavy metals from the sonication head (as I recall). I suspect leaching is mfgr dependent (read Chinese bad, German good, but IDK)

thats what cup horns are for though

2 Likes

Omfg you filter your product after sonication - always. This removes metal contamination to a level approved for pharmaceuticals :man_facepalming:t2:

Edit: it also doesn’t matter who manufactures your horn, shedding is a consequence of cavitation. I have German and American models and they shed equally. It’s a consumable component!

4 Likes

Thanks for that – I had no idea! What type of filtration is required?

1 Like

1 micron → 0.45 micron → 0.22 micron (for sterility into sterile container; can omit if pasteurizing).

I personally use PES filter membranes.

3 Likes

thx – PES - I’m on it!

1 Like

Or use buchner funnel and erlenmeyer flask with filter membrane paper and vacuum pump for filtering. I use .45 and have had some success after sonicating q naturale and distillate. I tried another with some success using ethanol and q naturale then filtering through .45 filter. You can taste the q naturale but is not too bad at the right ratios