Automated packaging solutions?

Not looking for pen fillers or cappers, those we are good on. Been looking for years and even spent some time with a few automation companies at mj biz. Still unable to find an automated way to apply labels to small boxes. Everything is for bottles or just doesn’t do the accuracy needed for such small boxes. I realized an automated gramer is gonna be difficult due to consistencies but does anyone sell a small jar capper that can then apply heat shrink wrap, then put into box ect. Really wondering if anyone has spent the money to have a custom system made.

1 Like

In for the insight. Seems like a sector of the market that has probably grown recently. Right now we’re still hand sticking labels because we have to apply unique information in lots as small as 100 at a time (have to have dispo info on the label) but at some point I’d like to get away from the sweat shop vibe

2 Likes

Can I have this in bullet point organized. it seems like multiple things mashed into one paragraph. I’ve spent the money to have custom stuff made, for me and for others. It’s really needing more juice than this to even reply with something solid in return.

I picked up that he wants a box labeler that’s also a grammar that also caps jars, shrink wraps them and then puts the jar in the box too.

1 Like

Yeah I get it. He wants life easier and less work for wooks. Wook lives matter.

2 Likes

I’m sure this is the main reason for investing in a custom packaging machine…cause wook lives matter lol

2 Likes

Bro. Show me one machine from china that doesn’t need bare min 1 wook to run and I’ll give you a human resources career.

3 Likes

Packaging = in-fucking-sane but please send me your business if you’re giving up on finding the “deal”

Yup, 1 wook. They are not designed to make wooks lives better. They are designed to make 4 of your 5 wooks unemployed. Just sayin🤷‍♂️

Edit: I suppose this might make life better for the remaining wook🤔

3 Likes

My experience has always been DIY. I only wish I could pass this lesson along.

2 Likes

How small of a box?
How big of a label?
Bottle size?
Lot info on box or bottle?

box is 1.25"x1.875" and the label is 1"x1.750".

The jars are 5 or 9 ml jars so about 1.25".

I have a contact that could custom develop this for you. It’d prob be expensive… a machine that opens box, inserts our vapes and then closes box is about $100k, but can do several thousand pieces an hour

Expensive is relative. Paying 50 packagers adds up. This is more for our dabable concentrates as we manufacture so many different companies vape carts that finding a machine to do all the different intricate styles would be more difficult. We currently have an automated filler and capper for vapes and that allows some extra hands for final packaging. Our budders and sauces for almost every company we package for go in the same box and get a similar coa label applied after testing, so I feel like this would be the best place to start as little to no changes would need to be done when switching between brands.

Are you active on LinkedIn at all? A quick post about your needs should get you several inquires from custom machine makers.

hey i have some solutions available for labeling boxes, concentrate jars, envelopes, anything flat really.
are you looking to purcahse a machine for your own line or looking to get concentrate boxes and jars pre-labeled and shipped to you?

edit for more info:
hit up my homie peter @ssd.mi (insta), hes not on the forum yet but should be soon.
semi auto machines less than 10K depending on features, full auto over 15K depending on configuration.

Need the machine here.

Semi auto is like 5-7K i think? dont quote me on it it has been a while since i saw the quotes.
semi auto lets your operator (wook) sit, place an item (box, jar whatever), step on foot pedal to apply label, then put labeled item in a box of finished ones. probably could do like 2-3K labels a day?
Full auto is def over 10K i think it was like 12-13K and it feeds items in on a conveyor belt for labeling. one operator (wook) to load the conveyor and repack if they need to be nested into larger boxes. full auto will do like 10,000 containers a day or something.

1 Like

shoot some links or do you have a contact?

1 Like