Automated Cart Filler

You have me eyeing up one of these if I get to scale. Both the cart farmer and the vape jet sound awesome.

This is my main concern. Its obviously faster than syringes, and maybe a CF50, but your manual pump, especially with dual cart fillers, has to be more efficient due to the human operating it.

I’ve seen your filler in action. I don’t think an automated one can beat yours in efficiency no.

I think automated ones have use for the solo people who only have maybe 1 or 2 other hands to occasionally help, or be used for scale while people focus on other manufacturing needs while the filler fills carts.

Its really depending on what you want to aim for as an efficient business model.

2 Likes

They should really be pushing ccell carts hard then. When you have a video filling ascent carts, people will just assume the machine can fill ascent carts. If you use the machine the way it is advertised, you will have a hard time with defects.

2 Likes

Agreed.

I didn’t know they used Ascents. What happened with Ascent?

Idk you never said what you were looking for that’s why I asked

I don’t really know what a wook is I’m looking to hire 1 or 2 professionals that can operate an entire automated production room

I pay high wages because I have high expectations from operators and equipment and I’m just getting into this industry

So I’m really just looking for the best of the best

As far as equipment goes I mentioned I’m looking for precision and efficiency so to see things like +/- 3mg variance is a big selling point

Knowing the equipment that has programmed software eliminates operator error this is really how any big industry works from oil and gas to candy making

From my past experiences in various industries I don’t understand why anyone would consider not using automated equipment

3 Likes

You mean you want to hire a few wooks

And he answered it a few times. Its faster to use his fillers with human operators, vs a robot filling it where you have to switch trays every 10 minutes. You will forget to do it if you’re by yourself very busy.

Personally, since you are hiring 2 wooks to help, use CF’s filler.

I think this issue is people debating what my goals are and not understanding all of my needs leads to unnecessary recommendations

I do appreciate all the input from everyone truly

I was really just hoping for a review on the JKEM model from someone that has used it instead of another manufacturer who probably hasn’t seen one in person stating their opinions on it

2 Likes

Have you ever used a cart farmer? The K4 and autofarmer use steppers. The only difference in precision is moving between carts. With carts you have a time limit. taking 10 minutes to fill certain carts dooms you to leacks, clogs and defectives.

You will have to buy 360k worth of vape jet to compete with a 12k cart farmer filling operation. You save 6 people worth of labor, but with a literal house worth of upfront expense.

I keep telling people to look into 710 sharks for actual scale /volume but you have to have the carts pre-racked and there is variation cart to cart in fills. The unit you are after is gonna lead to leaky carts.

Have you ever filled distillate carts before, @Girth_Brooks?

2 Likes

I have not personally filled carts but I have toured a great many facilities that do all of which were automated and moving a very large amount of them through the facility

Upfront costs are of no concern which is why the investments are being made in the form of permanent investments and assets instead of needing a large workforce

Have you ever been to the Haribo factory?

1 Like

This is carts, not gummies, and if you are trying to do a haribo style facility, you are looking at all the wrong products to fill carts with entirely. You would never see a fucking 3d printer in the haribo facility filling gummys lmfaoooo

I happen to supply the largest facilities in our space. They are not automated at all. There are some co-packers that use automated machines, but there is a reason why I carve out their market share every time I get bored. Its because they literally cannot keep up.

1 Like

Which facilities?

I have never seen your equipment in person but I did watch the videos here

I mentioned Haribo as an example of automation and potential scale

The first three I can think of all do 40k+ units per day. I’m telling you right now that there is only one Haribo-esque filling machine on the market, and it is still slower than an autofarmer. It also can do only one style of cart/cap.

Do you think I ENJOY being the best? It’s depressing as fuck. I wake up every day feeling like the fastest man in a wheelchair. The smartest student in remedial school. The richest man in the poor house.

4 Likes

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

Gold.

2 Likes

Only thing I see is wooks or a machine that dispenses them in rows. You probably know what I’m talking about.

That sounds stupid, a 3D printer that dispenses gummy mix. Cart making and gummy making are 2 separate things and require specific equipment for both. Hate when people mix food and vaping into 1 thing.

I guess those facilities were more quantity oriented then quality oriented. Like QMA said you will get leaks and defects with automated ones. Ask those facilities how often they have a defect or an issue with automation…

Personally I prefer filling it myself with someone to help me cap.

I would love to speak with any of these facilities to get a product review and perhaps some questions answered

I understand if you’re unable to disclose but I would think using so many of your units they would be willing to kick you back a review for a potential customer

I’m always thorough is asking questions I believe it’s my strong suit

I was always told 1% or less fail rates from a few different manufacturers

It’s hard to gauge some people lie for their reputation and some people don’t speak up when they should

I worry about the workers because sitting in front of a filler all day every day sounds like a nightmare to me

our ATG filler+capper fills and caps 50 at a time in 2.5-3 minutes. That’s with one nozzle (you can get up to 4)
The press caps 50 at once. We receive carts in 50 qty. foams that fit directly onto the filling tray and then into the press. Works great for us.

Cart fart is awesome, as we all know, but there is more than just one good machine out there, guys.

Anyone on here running an auto farmer at their facility? Haven’t heard/seen much on them other than @QMA’s posts about em. I wanna see that bad boy in action.

2 Likes

You are one of 4 people now to recommend the ATG

I have contacted them to see what options are available thank you for the input

There is nothing on the market that presently meets your desired specification. (That’s why I designed my own.)

Assuming 1g carts, +/- 0.3% variance is an insanely tight spec to meet. For reference I believe the allowable variance on pharmaceutical doses in Canada is 5%.

You could do it with a high rejection rate.

If you want high precision, high speed, high accuracy, and full automation, you’re talking big money and a very long lead. At least.

This is not the place to be looking for that.

3 Likes