Autoflower outdoor

What are realistic yields for autoflowers planted straight in soil outdoors (amended soil and nutrient)

1 Like

Really depends on maximizing the first 10 days of growth after sprouting. Also genetics is a big factor. The veg time is so short. Quality soil and weather is important. I’ve seen first time auto growers only average about 10grams per plant with a good nursery and genetics and the biggest I’ve seen is 1.5oz plants. 1 oz is considered great. You lose a lot of weight to trimming because of the loose structure too. I’ve heard of 4 oz plants but only from people trying to sell the seeds, not from actual growers.

It takes about 15000 seeds per acre depending on how you space it.

4 Likes

well im used to grown auto on outdoor max g per plant i have seen is 200g…
depending on the strain and on how much sun exposure you have.

2 Likes

What auto strain did a half lb ?

buddy of mine swears by autos for early finishers. the buds are lower tier. they can get frosty but they never have the full package deal. usually they are airy/foxtailing buds. not awful but you can tell they’re different genetics. they grow themselves though. That’s for sure

the yield is actually very high on some of the more stable ones. His auto blueberry (pretty sure it’s just regular old dynafem) yielded weight but the quality was average at best (and he’s a very talented grower). for genetics you’re pretty much only going to hear about Mephisto and his stuff looks nice but the yields might not be as high. the buds all still have that weird autoflower look/smell to them. kind of like how hemp never quite hits the spot. they can come out beautiful but the terps are always a little “off” and the bud structure is a bit weird. people will know what I mean when they see it

1 Like

Idk where u get ur autoflowers but u gotta get the newer ones, we grew some last year, 100 day start to finish. They were 2-5 oz each and grew 4-9sq feet wide. So id plant every 2-3 feet apart.
Your right about them not having the full package (cuz im used to a very very nice package), but it was damn near close. Close enough to sell them as top tier outdoor.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IcDMpCKiq5COEuV3VEpSa_jgq6F9Ro9n/view?usp=drivesdk

Were pretty convinced on giving up light depping and just plant 2 rounds of autoflowers, one in spring and one in summer, then plant the full term fall plants with the summer autoflowers, by the time the autoflowers are finished the full terms will take over the space.
They are all planted 3 feet apart and full terms are planted 6-9 feet apart depending on if its a clone (6) or a seed (9).
By doing that u can pull 200lbs a year out of a small backyard (1500 sq feet).

13 Likes

What breeder do you like using? I’ve been looking st fast buds since they’re the only ones that sell 100 packs

Well you can try Magnum.
There are lots of autos that se Max genetics they produce more.
Ak47 etc etc.
Blueberry has nice buds but it’s not a high production to be honest.

Flyinglion Research

3 Likes

Looks good. What genetics ? Thanks

I don’t know what genetics he used in his photos, but I have used Puff Puff Pass (PPP) autos before with good results. Also Mephisto. They’re all expensive, no matter what. PPP charge 24 bucks for 3 seeds. I’ve been told that they have been known to replace un-popped seeds as some guarantee.

Flyinglion_research on IG and opensourcegenetics on IG.

The 3 bear by someone else is making some noise this year

2 Likes

+1 for mephisto we have a few going. Sour orange diesel kush, creme de la chem, double grape x 3bears og

2 Likes