Athena nutrients analysis

On topic, I’m at work now and not happy with the amount of cal carbonate that has been dissolved in my Jar test. I will be looking in to other line cleaner salt options.

3 Likes

It’s like the late 90’s and early 2000’s with the PGR bullshit. Have they considered healthy plants to grow big dense nugs?

2 Likes

The uneducated (consumers) literally call it steroids , and I have met several that if it’s not pgr it’s bunk in their minds. Traditional market in the hood in the buck eye state.

2 Likes

Would a product like kelp or regalia be considered a pgr? In a sense they can change the bud structure to be denser and more trichomes.

2 Likes

The EPA recently tried to classify biostimulants as pesticides because they want to regulate them like plant growth regulators. The Humic Product Trade Association and our lawyers disagree with your definition of “PGR”.

That negative phrase is typically used with synthetic agrochemicals, especially in Europe. The term “PGR” loses meaning when you start looking at substances like organic acids and humates in compost as an example. Hormones in natural products like kelp and fulvic acid are considered beneficial biostimulants.

6 Likes

@agtonik what is your personal moral opinion on triacontanol? Just curious because you have a good understanding and good moral compass.

8 Likes

Wow, I didn’t really expect to hear that today. That really made my day.

I come from a farm family, so alfalfa is great for grazing, hay, and silage, as well as a green manure and cover crop. For cannabis, I can’t get a good dosage figured out for tria. Either the results are within margin of error, or I get spindly flowers that look like Dr. Grinspoon. I’ve mostly just stuck to tried and true biostimulants.

EDIT: Oh, my opinion? Uh, I tried it and it didn’t work for me. It’s still not harmful in the end product to my knowledge. Isolating a plant substance as a biostimulant doesn’t offend my sensibilities.

3 Likes

Would the ph of the solution cause an issue? As in if the mix was not ph adjusted to 5.8 before letting it sit?

1 Like

I adjust my input to have the out put desired. Ex if my run off is 5.5 I bump up my feed ph till I achieve what I want in the run off. This will be different for different media

1 Like

I meant with the sample he mixed, as in if I don’t add ph up it would be 4.1ph. So I meant is it possible that the solution would be stable at 5.8 and not 4.1?

It’s why they use potassium silicate as pH up and a buffer as a separate part of their line.

2 Likes

I just use gh ph up and my res last 5 days and needs very minimum adjustment. So it’s stable.

2 Likes

Gh pH up also contains potassium silicate. :wink:

3 Likes

Cause an issue with tested results? Or cause an issue with plants?

1 Like

I meant the test jar you mixed that was precipitating? As in does it make a difference for the stability of a solution at different ph levels.
As in mixing your salts and leaving at 4ph vs adjusting to say 5.5ph.

It’s potassium carbonate, I’m not sure what’s the difference.

1 Like

Potassium carbonate makes pH go up in tap water. It is a weak base, just like citric acid in their pH down is a weak acid. When combined, they make a nice pH buffer.

Potassium silicate also makes pH go up and is a source of silica. GH may have totally changed their recipe. I have no idea. I tend to use KOH, as I just have it around the house for fulvic experimentation.

2 Likes

The jar test hasn’t precipitated. But I did 2 other jars, one with cal carbonate in the bottom, one with cal sulfate in the bottom. There isn’t enough pekacid in that mix to bring those low solubility. Calcium salts in solution. The ability to bring low to no solubility calcium salts in to solution is what we are looking for to keep emitters clean, and I’m not there yet.

There has to be a polyphosphage or something else similar in it that I am not aware of.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Very informative appreciate everybody for the information thank you

4 Likes