Athena nutrients analysis

Thank you. I will stick with that. Seems like a better ratio between element’s all around.

Just to clarify, when you said it’s not necessary to ramp up Ca or Ca, did you mean K and Ca?

I didn’t want to ask this, and I tried looking it up but couldn’t find anything, but what is an uncomplexed Nitrate?

1 Like

Yes, just edited to correct it.

2 Likes

Nitrogen that has not undergone reductase and subsequently been converted to an organic form.

It’s kind of what brix is measuring. High ec sap contains a bunch of uncomplexed ions and will be low brix. When the ions are complexed, the ec drops and brix goes up.

8 Likes

back-to-the-future-taking-notes

I have an “emdub27” master folder in my Google Workspace Drive, lol. Not even kidding. With one sub-folder for nutrients and another for Brix. :metal:

9 Likes

99% of the stuff I regurgitate about brix is the work of Bruce Tainio and John Kempf, may want to retitle that folder.

6 Likes

tenor

giphy (5)

no-never

giphy (7)

1 Like

LOL, I kid.

I know they are your source from some of your posts. And I have been aware of them and their work for a long time. However, we all know what works well for one species, or the target values of one species may not carry over to other species. So, having someone who has applied their knowledge and experience to cannabis with the data-driven and scientific approach you take is invaluable.

Once I have the time, I will dive into their work and create a spot in my drive for them. But for now, learning vicariously through you suites me well. You do the heavy lifting, and I sit back drinking Mai-Tais!

giphy (8)

Also, it shows considerable character when someone doesn’t try to take credit for others’ work - props and respect to you for pointing out the source of your knowledge on brix.

8 Likes

The only thing I don’t share are my tissue analysis ranges that I know will achieve high brix on a cannabis plant. Perhaps after several Mai tais…

But it still holds true that it takes different ratios at every location to hit the tissue data I’m looking for.

11 Likes

Well then first rounds on me lol!

4 Likes

Someone mail this guy some mai tais

6 Likes

@emdub27 at first be like:
stickergiant-mai-tai

Everyone in this thread be like:
right-now-mad

@emdub27 after a few Mai Tias be like:
tumblr_9ff9008367fba8416d1025f736c22ae7_44acd5e4_400

1 Like

I can’t send him a Mai Tai, but I think @emdub27 should at least be shown gratitude in a real way for his efforts to help others level up. Who wants to join me in voting @emdub27 as June’s MoM? Can I get a second? Once the poll is released, let’s vote bomb this MoFo!

14 Likes

I’ve nominated him a few times, certainly deserving for all he’s added

6 Likes

I can never thank you enough for the science you taught me @emdub27
your messages on nutrition are fascinating

7 Likes

All this knowledge is on this page your speaking about

1 Like

4 Likes

@emdub27 has been by far the biggest help with my cultivation in the last two years, I’m grateful for his help every day. I hope one day to be knowledgeable like him.

5 Likes

Hell, I’d keep this guy on paid retainer if I could! Someday. I check this thread every 20 seconds just to see if he posted any tidbits of information. I get all excited like a teenage girl at a BTS concert when I see he replied. He’s got my vote for Member of the year!

3 Likes