Athena "Fade"

I use Athena A+B with AGT-50

Athena, Caustic Potash (as pH up) and AGT-50 late flower.

Love it. Makes life easy, and some loud ass flower.

5 Likes

Spray power si, stack and agt-50. :heart_eyes:

It’s the bees knees

4 Likes

Geez, I should make you guys Christmas cards for the unsolicited nice words.

Antagonism like Mulder’s chart? There are different target ranges at different times of the plant’s life cycle. If your coco is charged/buffered properly with calcium nitrate, a well balanced nutrient or chelator like fulvic acid, there is still a cation exchange, but it shouldn’t be an issue.

At some times in the plant’s life, it may cause antagonism, but properly timed and you minimize “hidden hunger” and maximize growth, velocity and yield.

1 Like

That isn’t tissue analysis. That is a chart of what you get if you run Advanced Nutrients at label strength. I forget what agronomist did it, but I will find the source.

3 Likes

From Agricen? Using Advanced Nutrients? Let me check the original .pdf.

I really look up to @emdub27 and have learned so much from them. I have no problem admitting when I am wrong. If that’s the case, I’ll personally thank @ebdub for me wearing the dunce cap for today.

I even take joy in self-deprecating memes:

4 Likes

Powder nutrients of advance nutrients, what do you think? I’m quite amazed that they convince the marketing by discrediting it like this? It’s quite disrespectful, haha. Thailand is still illegal. Underground growers love to use AN a lot. I wonder if it’s really better than other nutrients. or that he is boastful

1 Like

I haven’t run a hydro store in 15 years, but is powdered AN really a thing now?

Yep. They have an AB formula they push hard.

Their marketing against Athena is SUPER aggressive. They attack EC levels, and cost specifically to pull some market share back. Athena is fucking up AN’s market share. One of their videos is directly focused on Athena customers.

4 Likes

In the flower formula they recommend using bloom A-B 4.1g per gallon. I calculate N-292 P-66 K-288 Mg-31 Ca-152.
Back to athena fade, all N cuts since last 3weeks What are your opinions? I like the one that athena_jak recommends better.

2 Likes

You’re good. That has been misrepresented on the internet for years.

I haven’t been able to find the original, but I remember reading it years ago, my memorty probably isnt perfect. It was basically a market study by the chief agronomist to see if they wanted to get in to pot fertilizers. They concluded that they didn’t have enough data because even the advance nutes stuff they tested did not match the guaranteed analysis on the labels. That is why the charts are labeled “program”, it’s what you get if you run the feed chart.

The other way I know this is because of the values themselves. A plant isn’t going to be doing very well if it has 500ppm K in tissue. Hell it won’t be doing very well even if it shows 500ppm K in sap.

7 Likes

409b1182-1bc8-4013-a9ad-a23dfdcda39d_text

The look at the end that Wayne gives is what I imagine @emdub27 does when I tag them. AHAHAH.

5 Likes

Hey Athena, he’s got a new feed too.! What do you think about that, Ca/K ratio 1:2.5 ca180 K449 ppm?image|231x500

Our next room has been ran using the new athena recommendations, an I believe the next after has fade, ill post back any changes or data between the original, the new 50/50 70/30 80/20 90/10, and the switch to fade rooms.

First room comes down next Wednesday.

4 Likes

You guys already got fade? Here in MI we’re told end of December/ beginning of Q1 2023

2 Likes

Yes, we are very in touch with our local athena rep.
Our stores won’t have it till next month either.

1 Like

Yep I’m adding cal carb and taking Cal nit out completely from jacks wel actually JR peters 5-11-26 but it’s the same shit. Take out part B, add Cal carb and your micros mix of choice at a low level for the lazy folks. I personally am just adding back copper manganese and boric acid with a pinch of PeKacid until I’m hitting the P/K ratio I like.

1 Like

I just memorized the new Athena nutrient table with Zhang. They use a Ca : K ratio close to your image. And the nutrients of Floraflex are very similar to this picture. they follow that The first 2 pics are athena with fade, the 3rd pic is the flora flex nutrient.

very close

2 Likes

I think their fade product is a great idea. I always struggled lowering the N without lowering the Ca at the same time by changing the core:bloom ratio to about 1:3. I found their recommended ratio of core:bloom to be too high in N overall.

4 Likes

That was our problem too. found myself adding days to the flower cycle to really see a true finish. tried altering ratios as well with not much more success. This fade should be the missing puzzle piece for their lineup :crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes