ATG Pharma vs Thompson Duke Indus Filler (other thread non-readable)

we bought a lot of different filling machines for our clients and most of them needs a lot of improvement.And when I visited clients on site, the only filling machines they are happy with are either from cartfarm or vapjet .

I’m thinking about design a full automatic machine which could work as stable as vapjet ,as easy as cartfarm ,as fast as shark710 but more affordable.I know it sounds wierd but i think it’s worthy trying since I saw too many clients have headache on filling and capping . I’ve start build a team with engineers who worked in automobile , we are thinking about make it as an opensource ,if anyone is interested in ,let me know.

4 Likes

I assume that since disposable is taking more market share then cartridges,if people are looking for more faster filling solution single syringe is not the best option,and due to there is no standard dimensions on disposable like 510 cartridge,people are either using jigs or program filling machine to fit different disposable. We are thinking about design a multiple syringes filling machine while the syringes could be adjust or modified easily to fit different dimension

I will be using our Thompson Duke IZR auto-filler later this month to fill some CCELL disposables, 1g Listo and 2g Ridge.

I’ll try to remember to get some pics and videos and keep y’all posted on the process.

So far the TD has been super easy to use. The only downside for me is the size of the reservoir.

3 Likes

DM you, dear

I messaged you to check what these words been. That’s really horrible to see these in the nice FT4200 community. Dirty words always from dirty brain and dirty hearts.

My thoughts are:

2020 extrusion frame and motion systems, stepper motor controls with Gates belts and pulleys

3d printed (ABS) parts where needed, cnc aluminum for anything needing to be heated or super rigid.

Heated bed, to warm the carts to about 35c for better filling.

Enclosed chamber, for even heat, consistency of filling at speed.

Cart farm gun or a similar mechanism, bolted to the “Head” that moves in XY

The bed moves up and down in the Z axis, allowing for adjusting for tall or short filling. Z hop of say 20mm per fill will drop the bed, move the head over, raise the bed to align filler, inject, repeat.

3d printing tray alignment tools, or racks to hold others is easy too. This would need to be done to calibrate the fill coordinates, especially on the disposables with small holes for injecting. This would be a challenge imho

Basically a high end 3d printer build but programmed for filling. I’ve built some Vorons, abut 4 of them, I could try to rip apart my old 3d printers, and build a prototype unit somewhat.

1 Like

Can you also invent a time machine to go back in time to when the autofarmer was created and ask me to publicly list it?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clq1GqBAJZ1/

1 Like

Fuck I hadn’t realized you’d already sorted that out. But I’ve also been a hermit for a couple years trying to retain my sanity and business lol.

Looks pretty ideal, good job!

1 Like

do you happen to have any plan to develop any machine that with multiple syringes (more then two )? All Your current machines works great ,I knew some clients still want faster speed since some of them are filling more then 50 k units per day

Someone else used his guns to make their own

Hi dear bro hurt people hurt people.

Not to say this can’t be done, but if you do a through engineering review of the benefits and drawbacks to this approach over simply horizontally scaling (multiple machines), it’s not a great idea in high throughput / high availability environments.

Machines break down and require maintenance. Concentrating into multiple syringes on a single point of failure has drawbacks over just increasing number of machines.

Obviously I’m biased based on the fact that I sell machines =) However, at the large scales you are talking about, it makes sense to have redundancy over concentration. I’m sure there are situations where multiple syringes per machine makes sense, but def consider just making more machines.

The motion control components should be cheap compared to the fluid handling components anyways.

Just my two cents, there are many ways to go about design =)

2 Likes

Cost of a cart farm 1000 and dual farmer frame:
$6500

Cost of 2 cart farm 1000 and 2 frames;

$11750

Cost of 1 filler:

$20/hr

Cost of 2 fillers:

$40 per hour.

Rate of fill for a single dual farmer:

~4000 per hour

Rate of fill for 2 single farmer frames:

~4400 per hour

It doesn’t make sense when doing 5 nozzles, but with 2, you can literally double production for a small increase in price.

$XXXX vs $XXX (fluid handling is cheaper for this design)

1 Like

Just need a round table and an octo cart farmer in the middle. Why stop at 2, lets do 8!

3 Likes

I always felt a decafarmer was the right way to go about automation. Or possibly a semiquintadecafarmer once the bugs are worked out of the decafarmer.

3 Likes

Cool Jarz wasn’t bad, it would leak every now and then, but in my experience, the biggest issue was having to constantly recalibrate the dispense amount. We can definitely produce up to 4x more with the ATG but there is a lot more mechanical issues with it than anything. In my honest opinion, save yourself the headache and some money and go with something else.