At what temperatures do various acids cause isomerization?

@Ennui is a highly respected and valued member of this community.

@process_imports is a wook who wandered in half crunk and full of junk afaik

lets welcome them to our community!

4 Likes

Not quite. Lewis acids in non-aqueous have a strong partial positive charge, but no pH (concentration of h+ ions). Many clays and charcoals have Al 3+ residues that are the catalytic Lewis acids!

2 Likes

What temp do zeolite start to isomerization?

How can magnesium sulfate make d8 isent that salt?

How can magnesium sulfate make d8 isent that salt? Like epsom salt and i know at hospital they have vials with magnesium sulfate for IV ?

Correct it s a salt
But not all salts are neutral some are basic or accitic and in anhydrous conditions they might have Lewis acid or base behavior
But a decent ph meter will prove the concept 6.8ph saturated in RO water

2 Likes

Really cool thx for the info couldent belive it was possible to isomeriz cbd to d8 with magnesium sulfat , but in like hexane or how dose that tec look? Rxn time ?

I seen the thcAD8 threads really amazing that it works !

1 Like

It s not s TEC it’s a bm property if allowed to act
Trytolueen as solvent not sure why you want to make a sop with an inferior reagent compared to other reagents

Was just curious about it as I never heard of it being done with magnesium sulfate .

The d8 thcA is really amazing that it works from cbdA🤌 Very interesting to read about here

1 Like

I think you are confused there is no route to thcp from cbd-a

1 Like

Sorry autocorrect i mean d8thcA **

You can create D9 THCA from CBDA as well. If anyone is interested in synthetically producing D9 THCA using triisobutylaluminium feel free to message me. The process is very cost effective as long as you have a solid supply of CBDA

3 Likes

@Ennui Do you have any COAs of finished product?

2 Likes

Yes thats exactaly what i mean and reading about i have like 2kg cbda isolate laying on the shelf that i got for free from a cbd isolate order for like 8 months now its puré and dont really know what to do with it , would be a fun project to try out with Maby couple of grams to convert. and save the rest its not alot of people asking for the cbda isolate as it is with cbd isolate

Wouldent it work with ethyle acetate also ? What i understand they both are interchangable ? Both are Nonpolar solvents also and ethyl acetate feels alot safer and easier then dcm ?

Ethyl acetate is a basic solvent
Dcm a accitic so reagents react with the solvent this can be suppressed by working cold but not recomended
Dcm is a great solvent when working with closed systems and good ventilation
Major drawback from ethyl acetate is it s water absorbing property so to
Reproof takes a lot of work
And gasket choice for ethyl acetate must be checked as well as for dcm but viton (FKM) is not best for working with both solvents on the same system

1 Like

I personaly do not find it safer
Flammability and gasket resistance are horrible and my main concern

1 Like

Okay i get that thx for the time you take to replay :raised_hands:

Would like HCI be able to convert cbdA to thca d8/d9 ? Low bp and acidic , as it works for cbd isolate to convert , I have so hard to figure out how to keep the A

@Mac.10 You shouldnt be trying to convert anything, your going to hurt yourself or someone else.

2 Likes

Can i buy your sop for 100k :joy: