Asme Drawings

Anyone on here an ASME Engineer? I am looking to have some drawings done for a couple pressure vessel I need manufactured. From my understanding they need to be done by an ASME Engineer to be valid? I was told not just anyone can do asme pressure vessel drawings and calculations. Feel free to send a DM if you think you can help.

If this is not the appropriate category please feel free to move this Moderators

6 Likes

I put it in the classifieds.

3 Likes

Hello, we hear at 3P Certz can do ASME drawings. You can call us at 360-217-8446 or reach out to us through our website @ www.3pcertz.com

3 Likes

Second this question.

My OEM wants me to supply ASME spec drawings now too.

Anyone a freelance PE/Mec E with their stamp that cab review my drafted documents?

@3PCertz I think I reached out to you guys, last week, I’m just trying to see what else the market has to offer, if anyone is freelancing.

2 Likes

@RogueSky?

1 Like

https://www.fiverr.com/search/gigs?query=Asme%20drawings&source=top-bar&search_in=everywhere&search-autocomplete-original-term=asme%20drawings

You’d be surprised what you can find on this site.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure they have to be a certified ASME Engineer for them to be valid

I could be wrong though

1 Like

Bet you could send those to one and get it looked over.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reference @cyclopath. I’m assuming the vessel is already in your hands, so to retroactively ASME certify it, or do an equivalency of an ASME certification (allowed to be performed by licensee professional engineers) is actually quite difficult to do. You can always scour the the internet and find bottom feeders that to do it for a few hundred bones, but to do it right and retroactively comes with risk and severe liability. I don’t shy away from either of those, but I’ll only work with partners that fully comprehend and share in that risk.

The information that is critical to an ASME drawing or certification requires information on the source of material and the certification from the mill that it really is what it says it is. Then it’s wall thicknesses, welding, dome radius (and thicknesses), finalizing with a pressure test. The rest is just number crunching based on preset formulas and safety factors. We’ve seen China based vessels supplied by reputable vendors have issues with porous welds or too-thin wall thicknesses when we performed ultrasound testing and they are destined for the scrap heap.

I’d like to know more about what you’re working with and how your using it. Then we can see if we can help or give you some advice. Hit me back or give us a ring at 877-427-6483. Ask for Jason.

1 Like