Are these thrips

Em-5 link:

Then add water soluble silica to it:

https://buildasoil.com/products/recycle-sil-natural-silica?_pos=1&_sid=ab4b4334d&_ss=r

I have used this with good results as well:

Nuke em is the same thing, but more concentrated

1 Like

Can I just use the silica product that general hydro sells or botanic are

The em-5 is an innoculant ? I’m reading about it now.

give it a shot, I wouldn’t buy more if I already had that. I would spend my money on a few other treatments and rotate them

OK I just ordered the EM five and the exterminator

1 Like

Plant wash

Hit them with dt from your local farm store while your waiting

1 Like

How do you apply the diatomaceous earth please

Wear a respirator

Dust all surfaces of your plants and room

I have also used a centrifugal style fan and thrown it into the intake and literally blown it onto my plants for larger applications

https://www.lowes.com/pd/XPOWER-1-8-HP-600-CFM-Centrifugal-Daisy-Chain-Compatible-Blower-Fan/1000344151?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-app-_-google-_-pla-_-235-_-soscooling-_-1000344151-_-0&placeholder=null&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5dqwuMLc5gIV1B-tBh1upgpXEAQYASABEgIOPvD_BwE

1 Like

I have beaten broad mites with these methods and heat

3 Likes

I assume you wore a respirator for this

1 Like

Yes, full face

And a tyvek suit

@Betroit You can add more more alcohol (iso) to plant therapy or peppermint soap to strengthen it . Doctor zymes , or green cleaner at a higher strength you can triple them all but start low not all plants are strong enough . If your not it flower and its been a while since a oil based spray sulphur kicks ass with dawn dish soap and both are really cheap

1 Like

I go nuclear on all my cuttings.
Anything coming from the mom room gets hit with avid and forbid.

I use this early on at least 3-3.5 months before harvest.

I’ve tested the product after and never seen any residuals from the pesticides.

Pesticides work when used responsibly

4 Likes

Wow bro you said a lot here and introduced several home brews Ok so. How much isopropyl alcohol could I add to the mix. And are You sayin up to triple strength green cleaner or plant therapy,

Then are you saying if I’m not in a flowering stage. And I haven’t recently used an oil based spray then a sulfur-based spray would be a great idea. With Dawn dish soap

Which leads me to ask if I made a mixture of a sulfur-based spray with Dawn dish soap how much of each would I use per gallon

Spiromecefin seriousomecifin

1 Like

@Betroit 5-15 ml sulphur with 5 ml dawn dish soap per gallon and thats correct with the oil spray and you cant use in flower . @FicklePickle try sulphur its much safer don’t use avid or forbid you will create super bugs that only forbid and avid will kill . Sulphur changes the outside PH of the plant so nothing can live on it even mold fungus PM ect. Its the best preventative then you can use oil based if nessacary . I used sulpher on all my moms and cuttings ect right before flower as a preventive . Just my opinion no shame or hate sulphur is just a proven safe natural alternative made for organic gardening and its hardcore and works great! You can use up to triple strength on all these products PT , GC , DZ . As for rubbing alcohol i just add the same amount or double of the plant therapy in using . Just be careful going full blow X3 strength not all plants are strong enough to take it

1 Like

I use them at a very mild rate. And only if I see problems. I’ve gone the organic route with religious sprayings. I like the nuclear option. If I see a problem, it’s avid, 72-80hrs later forbid, 72-80hrs later green cleaner or dr. zymes or og bio war.

I without question appreciate your approach, I just know what works and how and when to use it.

I could create super bugs if I sprayed this constantly because I had a dirty garden. But that’s never the case. Generally only mothers getting sprayed if I see an issue and cuttings if I didn’t get to the mothers on time for some reason.

I do love using rubbing alcohol as well, that and physan 20 are very handy.

I always use ready mix neem oil https://www.acehardware.com/departments/lawn-and-garden/insect-and-animal-control/insecticides/7395825?x429=true&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=CjwKCAiA3abwBRBqEiwAKwICA-kv7PwyhaJbbXJwu2Rf6CieauBWFwbghi7ltEtfGRdP5d6JHunzxxoCKn0QAvD_BwE

With hot water and silica.

Silica changes ph of the leaves as well. This can be used for pm with great success

1 Like

I had them outdoors this year. Lady bugs came in and took care of them naturally.

But I ended up bringing them into one of my flower rooms. I noticed them getting worse, so I called it a loss, and used a Doktor Doom Total Release Insect Fogger. That took care of them before they spread.

Active Ingredient:
Pyrethrins …… 0.4%
Piperonyl Butoxide …… 2.0%

Inert Ingredients …… 97.6%

Contains Piperonyl Butoxide (PBO), a sassafras extract that is NO longer approved for organic use

2 Likes