Are small traces of heavy metals ok in CBD Isolat?

Screenshot_1

This is from an CBD Isolate I planned on buying, but this looks kinda nasty.
Is this a high or low metal contamination? Enough to be concerned about?

1 Like

Yrs back only imported CBD isolate came from china or the like always had heavey metal issues. Word was that was a way to tell if it was imported.

2 Likes

What you have shared looks like the Arsenic, Cadmium, and Mercury are just below the level of quantification, but detected. I make an assumption because they say “less than” instead of saying a specific amount. So they have detected it but cannot actually quantify how much because its below LOQ.

Lead is everywhere. Drinking water standards are around 15ppb in the US - most of the time its down around 2ppb or less depending on the municipality. For some reason your result is listed in PPM instead of PPB (I’d even call to ask if their units are correct, personally, cause heavy metals standards are in PPB). So an acceptable ppm level would be 0.015 - this is above that, but not unusually high.

You could look at acceptable levels of lead in other commodities used for food and cosmetics, if you wanted. Or you could look to the FDA’s regulation on the product you were going to make with this isolate. For instance - if you were going to be making gummies - that would be 0.1ppm. But if you were going to make beverages that would be only 5ppb.

I have seen much higher levels than this on test results. In general, I set my personal standard to no more than 0.020 or half the regulatory limit, just to be on the safe side, whichever is lower. This would not pass my personal sniff test and I would send it back. However - if the units are actually off and this is in ppb instead of ppm - well then, this would be a very nice test result. :slight_smile:

Hope this has been helpful. Let us know what you decide to do and if the testing lab upset the units on the report.

8 Likes

thanks for the detailed awnser!

1 Like

No.
There’s a ton of other, clean product on the market.

The question you should be asking yourself:

“Would I want to consume this?”

you have two options based on your answer:

Become a high quality individual by looking for higher quality product

Or

Become a low quality individual, who sells health products but doesn’t care about their customers health.

don’t become a low quality individual by supporting the low quality individuals who sell it.

Just don’t.

7 Likes

Agreed^

So much cbd isolate clean out there, you’re a scum if you know there’s metals/pesticides/solvents but still choose to make profits.

3 Likes

Acting like it is physically possible to remove all heavy metals from the world is a bit weird, yall.

He was asking how to make the decision - and why that decision is made. Just telling him “don’t do it” doesn’t teach him why.

You know? What if he sees everything is LOQ? He needs help making and understanding a specification. Not just people calling him out. x.X

5 Likes

I appreciate your in depth informative response. Everyone that finds this post will leave it more informed.

1 Like