Are cannabis businesses “essential” in your state?

Are cannabis businesses considered “essential” in your state during the Coronavirus shutdown? Nevada is allowing delivery, but doesn’t mention if they are allowing production facilities to continue to operate. What about in your state?

We are not an essential business, but to get existing orders out we are going to rotate 1 employee in per day at our warehouse to fufill existing orders. It will slow us down, but at least we won’t get each other sick. everything getting packed in a box is getting spritzed with iso.

4 Likes

Florida being medicinal I believe that’s how they are considered.

2 Likes

There considered essential here as of now. Processing/manufacturing lab still open

3 Likes

I heard that a few cultivators in MA are closing down due to employees testing positive for COVID.

After lockdown ends, that’s when cannabis will REALLY become an essential business. Get ready for the fastest wave of legalization you’ve ever seen.

5 Likes

We shut down the lab. I’ll be stocked with 6lbs or so of flower amd trim from my personal.
Gonna vac seal last run when I get home tonight.

3 Likes

Florida shows no signs of slowing down. The facility I work at went to split shifts and they even gave us a cool little letter so if copper John pulls me over after “curfew” I can tell him to keep it pushing. Even if there is an outbreak they will accept volunteers to keep the grow up and running… but I think you gotta sleep there.

2 Likes

In OR the OLCC just adopted new temporary rules allowing curb side sales and increased amounts up to 24oz/day. So apparently it’s not only essential but time to panic buy and stock up!

2 Likes